Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So as the subject says I'll be going to a 170 pt tournament (200 with blind) in a few weeks. I'm still putting my build together as I've never really played more than 120 games. I'm throwing ideas at the wall and wanted to see what you fine (or not so) people have to say.

My typical builds will have a bare bones ballista usually with Art. Mastery and a big dragon with a breath weapon and something else to round out the points. I usually go with multiple unnamed units with 1 or 2 upgrades, but I am adaptable and willing to change my strategy for this situation if you come up with something interesting.

I have at least 1 of everything. 2 ballistas. 2 Casters. 3 White Dragons and 2 Brass Dragons.

I love theory crafting so I have multiple lists I've put together, but nothing set in stone as of yet.

Yesterday I was talking to a friend and if I had access to 7 Nymm/spellcasters I'd do the following build just for fun.

Nymmestra w/ Leadership, Silver Staff, Disintegrate, Ray of Enfeeblement, Fly and Dimension Door.
3x Elven Spellcasters w/ Fireball and Mage Armor.
3x Elven Spellcaster w/ Fireball and Fly.

I realize this isn't the most competitive build, but it would probably be a lot of fun, heh.

I'm going to try and get some pictures to do a session report, but with the bigger armies I think we may be pushing it on time if they still do the 1 hour limit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney Anderson
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
My venue is doing Tyranny of Dragons as the 200 point league format (i.e., you play one game a week over the course of the month). Our games have a 90 minute timer and going to time is quite common -- just something to consider. I do think the larger format is a lot of fun, and I've never found myself wishing the games were over sooner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oldgregg wrote:
My venue is doing Tyranny of Dragons as the 200 point league format (i.e., you play one game a week over the course of the month). Our games have a 90 minute timer and going to time is quite common -- just something to consider. I do think the larger format is a lot of fun, and I've never found myself wishing the games were over sooner.

This one is the one night 3 game format still. It starts at 7:30PM which makes me think that they are going to limit to 1 hour. Maybe they do an hour and a half though and plan to go to midnight, not sure as this is not a usual store I go to.

I kind of like the 1 hour time limit, it makes every point more important if tabling is less likely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.