Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Schramek
United States
Gridley
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Played this last night. Started at 1:30 am. Not the best idea but had to wait till the non-Macher players went home. Anyway, I am having a problem understanding the 6&7th rounds. In the rules it says that you immediatly move to the vote round in Rd7. Here's where I get confused.

-Do you have a board set up for Rd7?
-Is it treated like all of the other boards? By this I mean, do you do the adding of the meeting blocks in other rounds? Since you go straight to the vote getting phase, how do you affect the trend markers and the coinciedence?

I'm pretty clear on the rest of the game. It is just that area at the end of Rd6 and rd7 as a whole.

Any suggestions? I did watch the video on Boardgames with Scott, which was a great tool. Best throwaway line in the whole hour.."..nice mandate!" Not as funny now out of context, but I laughed pretty hard when I heard it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean T
United States
Tucson
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you setup the board for round seven as normal, except you add the "No Coalition tile" since there can be no coalitions on turn 7.

Yes you can affect the turn 7 board during the prior turns, per the normal rules. The only way to affect the trend markers is to play shadow cabinet cards and using the polls. You won't be able to manipulate the platform since there won't be a media phase on the last turn. This doesn't mean however there isn't any reason to place media markers during prior turns. If you want to gain a national media marker by winning turn 7, you'll still need a media marker on the round 7 board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D a n _ C
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, the 6th and 7th elections are more or less happening at the same time. You can look at it that way. The number of face up cards is in synch on both boards. After the 6th election, you just go right into the scoring of the 7th one. But essentially you are campaigning both at the same time.

It's a double-whammy to end the fiesta. You gotta love it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Seal of Approval
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeanT wrote:
The only way to affect the trend markers is to play shadow cabinet cards and using the polls. You won't be able to manipulate the platform since there won't be a media phase on the last turn.

How's that? I can manipulate the platform in previous turns, given that I have a media majority.

E.g. in turn 6, with 3 open opinion cards, I could swap one of those if I have the media majority.

I might be wrong (I don't have the rules here right now), but if memory servers...

NOTE: 2nd edition rules - don't know nuffin' 'bout no 3rd ed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean T
United States
Tucson
AZ
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Robert, you are correct we played that wrong. We were only changing the platform on the current state. Oh man, thats huge!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.