Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Where is your rope?
mbmbmbmbmb
You know how it is. You let Louie out of the house just one day to entertain the kiddies at a large, wonderful family event. The next thing you know, Louie is hitting the bar, telling tall tales about his days as a WWI flying ace, and leering at your mother-in-law. Finally you wrestle him into his box, get him home, and banish him to his shelf to dry out and have a good long think about his actions.

When at last you sit down to have a quiet chat with him, you discover that the shameless codger has lost one of his precious chickens. You strongly suspect it went to pay Louie's bar tab or wound up under the bra strap of your tipsy cousin.

My kids and I would like to give Louie one last chance to clean up his act and redeem himself, but I fear that will be impossible without some assistance from a kind BGGer with a spare chicken token. If you are in a position to help make our Louie whole again, please contact me and let me know if we might come to an arrangement.

I know that deep down, Louie is a good guy. We love him and would like to see him make a return as a useful, contributing member of our game collection.

Thank you.

PS. Our Louie is of the 2012 vintage Canadian Group/Longshore Limited Product Code 6056 variety.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck getting spare chickens. Those things are like gold. You can buy replacements on eBay, but there is a great hack for missing chickens. Just find buttons that are the same size as the chicken disks. Sounds weird, but it works great. You just have to make sure the flat side is pointing toward where it falls.

Funny post, btw. What version of Louie do you have?

Edit: See the PS now....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Armand
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try quarters, too. US quarters are a little too big or heavy as I recall but Canadians might work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a somewhat recent release of Louie in the US that was pretty cheap (e.g. $20), which lowered the price of replacements. They aren't nearly as hard to procure as they use to be, so I'd just stake out ebay.

Also note that almost all of the variations of the game are cross-compatible, so you can just as well get spare tokens for Bobbin' Bumblebee, which is much less popular and easier to procure. (The new 3-player Loopin' Chewie may also work, but I haven't tried it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Where is your rope?
mbmbmbmbmb
bigloo33 wrote:
Good luck getting spare chickens. Those things are like gold.

Hmm...gold, you say, eh? Maybe I need to go looking for access to a 3D printer.

Thanks all for the helpful replies. At least it sounds like there are some options. I can't see spending much money just to replace the tokens. A couple of sewing buttons, maybe. A whole other copy of the game, nah. I checked ebay, but nothing doing at the moment. I tried quarters, but they weren't right. You say Canada has quarter-ish money though? I'll have to go digging through my change cup.

In the meantime, I'll hope for a good samaritan to come along. For Louie's sake.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Trust me, buttons. There is a thread with the exact kind, but just find the right size, and you should be good.

I had 2 copies of the original version, and gave one to a friend. Had to use buttons to make up 2 sets. Worked great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.