Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bill Grose
United States
Olmsted Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think finally figured out all the rules and believe I am playing this game correctly. As I "lose" almost every game, I would like to propose some "Player Victory Conditions". These would be based on whether or not someone plays the game with better results than the historical. For example, if Moscow is taken at any time and the Germans still possess Berlin on the last turn, it is a "Minor" player victory. If two major cities are taken at any time and Berlin survives, it is a "Major" player victory. If three are taken, then per the current rules, it is a "Decisive" player victory. What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Paradis
Canada
montreal
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I have worked on that game a lot for VPG, and I like your idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jackson62 wrote:
I think finally figured out all the rules and believe I am playing this game correctly. As I "lose" almost every game, I would like to propose some "Player Victory Conditions". These would be based on whether or not someone plays the game with better results than the historical. For example, if Moscow is taken at any time and the Germans still possess Berlin on the last turn, it is a "Minor" player victory. If two major cities are taken at any time and Berlin survives, it is a "Major" player victory. If three are taken, then per the current rules, it is a "Decisive" player victory. What do you think?

You mean if you take Moscow, but then you lose it, and the Soviets then beat you back all the way into Germany, but they don't quite take Berlin before the game ends, this would be a "Minor" player victory?

I'm skeptical of that definition of "victory".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Ball
United Kingdom
Nr Grantham
Lincs
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have been using this option
add one for each objective city controlled by Axis if Germany, Rumania, Hungary and Russia.
The reason I did this was I had a game where I was still at the gates of Moscow in 1945 and still lost!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grose
United States
Olmsted Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The key is that it is a "Player's" victory, meaning that the player has done a bit better than the historical outcome. As long as you take and hold a major city by the end of any given turn, it counts. You don't need to take and hold major cities at the same time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jackson62 wrote:
The key is that it is a "Player's" victory, meaning that the player has done a bit better than the historical outcome. As long as you take and hold a major city by the end of any given turn, it counts. You don't need to take and hold major cities at the same time.

Interesting. I guess it depends on how one views doing better than the historical outcome.

I'd argue that if Germany never captures Moscow, but still manages to keep the Soviet army out of German territory, that would be better than the historical outcome, and much better than briefly occupying Moscow, losing Moscow, and then having the Soviet army invade most of Germany. I.e. keeping one's own country intact is surely a higher priority than occupying Moscow for a turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grose
United States
Olmsted Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peter,
You had to possess many bonus cities to still be around Moscow in 1945! Usually by then the Russian economic juggernaut is in full play and the German's in full panic mode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.