Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

This text seems to leave open the possibility of other dice besides attack rolls being buffable, e.g., the FP Warrior's Hellfire Step ability. I didn't see anything in the FAQ regarding this. Is Elien's Will supposed to be applicable to any dice rolled during the Attack phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what it says.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Matthews
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's actually pretty explicit, probably with a primary intention to be used on burning skeleton death rolls and harbinger death rolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's cool - thanks for the responses. It's an unusual ability in the SW universe so the implication that I failed reading comprehension when I just wanted clarification is snarkier than warranted but whatever... Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brennen Hilgendorf
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As well as regular Skeletons and Reavers. Good on any rolls in an Attack Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Cramer
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jowjow wrote:
That's cool - thanks for the responses. It's an unusual ability in the SW universe so the implication that I failed reading comprehension when I just wanted clarification is snarkier than warranted but whatever... Peace

I don't think they meant to be TOO snarky, they just wanted to answer your question, seeing how quickly they replied. If you want less or a different kind of snark, come on over to the forums on at PHG headquarters for a bunch of different rules questions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No snark intended. It's just that in my experience, the ability text in SW is reliable and should be taken at face value, and I agreed with your reading of this card. There was no cause to doubt it that I could see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry about reading something into it that wasn't there. I've just seen it too many times before and assumed. I really do appreciate the response(s).

About the ability itself... just nasty. Buddy and I played our first couple of games where I took the Jungle Shadows vs. the FP. I drastically underestimated cultists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This can also be used to buff your opponent's rolls. (I don't know why you would want to, barring a really specific case)
Or in the team version you can buff your ally's rolls. (*cough* Crushers *cough* *cough*)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Stude
United States
Farmington Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I *think* there are abilities where higher rolls aren't good but I can't think of them off the top of my head either. Sooooo many cards in this game now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just too bad that Skhull's fear and the Phantom's posses are in the movement phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
glenn3e glenn3e
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DuelistofAges wrote:
It's just too bad that Skhull's fear and the Phantom's posses are in the movement phase.

Its worded in such a way to prevent Phantom abuse. They are already a gamechanging Unit when their effect triggers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.