Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Those who receive the English copy may be confused, as was I, by some poor editing.

Looking at the .pdf in French, I see that by comparison the English gazette is badly messed up. On the gazette diagram, the third move should be up and to the right, rather than left, and therefore adjacent to another mine marker. Or conversely, the underlying terrain of the right hand diagram should match that on the left.

It also appears that only one suppressed token is applied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
HON with poor French to English translations! Tell me it isn't so!

None the less a fun game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I answered this over on the DPG forums, but I will answer here as well. The unit took damage at the end of its move because (as specified in those rules:

"When a unit enters a minefield, it must roll a die at the end of its movement. For each space adjacent to a mine token entered and/or crossed by the unit, add a mine token attack bonus to the dice result.:

So the unit is only damaged at the end of its move, as shown in the diagram you are discussing. That is as the rules are written. The confusion was on your part in this case

You can read about it here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think the confusion is on my part. Compare the diagrams: the one in the English gazette is DIFFERENT from that in the online French .pdf of the mine rules, and also WRONG! As it appears (in the English version), the unit should only add two bonuses, not three, n'est-ce pas?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct. I failed to read the example and although the picture was within the rules, it was incorrect as you stated as an illustration of the example.

Thanks for correcting me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KOSZO A.
msg tools
mb
Hello Joe,

You are right about the mistakes (example and diagram). I will modify it in the pdf file on the website. Thank you for your observation.

We don't understand how we forgot that because we are 3 read proofers (Clem, Yann and me), and we used a copy of the original french file to add the english text (translated by an english native language man).

Now, we have changed the proofreading to lower this risk.

Best regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Donnelly
Canada
Unspecified
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

I'd suggest that a corrected English copy of the .pdf be posted in the files section here as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.