Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: R4 Agromech rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle A

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do not have the rules in front of me, so it may be an obvious question. I just cannot remember the exact order of resolution. For the Argomech, after you spend a token, acquire a target lock. Could you in theory do the following:
1. move and take a focus as action
2. attack and spend the focus
3. acquire the target lock
4. spend the target lock to reroll dice

I know the dice can only be rerolled once, so no rules being broken so far. And I am aware that it is still 50% to get a damage, but still better than nothing. The main question is do all modifiers have to be done at the same time? My understanding would be no since you can spend a target lock and then spend the focus. This case is just reversing the order.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yes, you are correct. its not quite as good as having a TL+Focus to start with, but better than just a focus. It also combos quite well with the blaster turret, as you spend the focus and still have a TL to modify your blaster attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A better plan is probably to run BTL-A4:

-Focus action
-shoot primary weapon, using your focus to make it better, and get a target lock
-fire your secondary weapon, using the target lock.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Culp
United States
Gillette
Wyoming
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's an option. Two arc limited modified attacks vs 1 out of arc modified attack. The title is neat, but not necessarily better in all situations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
MILLINGTON
Tennessee
flag msg tools
I would rather have the range 1-2 360 degree ion shot and save the droid points for something else.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle A

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would agree the points might not be the best spent, but it does offer interesting options. I also would prefer the 360 arc on a ship whose dial is not the greatest. That second attack would be great, but might be hard to have ships in arc regularly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.