Subject: Being Devoured during the midnight phases rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
Les Coteaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, poor little Jenny had to either discard 2 trophies or lose 1 sanity and 1 stamina due to a "On Midnight" effect on an adventure. Sadly for her, she had 1 trophy and 1 sanity and stamina.
So she was devoured.
I then draw my new character and it's Skids who have 3 sanity and 7 stamina.
The new mythos card says "Add a doom token or an investigator with 4 or more stamina lose 3 stamina".

My question is, can I remove the stamina from Skids or he only "appear" after the midnight phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
FAQ wrote:
Midnight no longer occurs during a player’s turn. Instead, it occurs immediately after any player’s turn in which the clock hand moved to or past 12.

I believe you should only draw another character, after the clock phase has finished.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Les Coteaux
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the information. I would have won anyway, since I had 2 doom and 14 elder sign tokens on a 13 Ancient one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.T. Kauffman
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe Rob is correct that he does not technically "appear" until your next turn, per the Revised Rulebook on page 14:

"The new investigator starts at his or her full sanity and stamina, and the player continues playing with his new investigator during his next turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.