Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Kenntoft
Spain
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, played Age of Industry with 3 people last night. One had never played the game so we went for the Germany map, with a few alterations;

Map customization:
Removed Brown. Added Market in the coalmine in Bohemia.

(Removed 9 buildable areas)

Card customization: Removed all Brown(5), All Ships (3), 1 Coal, 1 Iron, 1 Cotton, 1 Port and 1 Good.

13 cards.

This game was one of the best sessions (tight, but not too tight.) of Age of Industry ive had so far, but keep in mind ive only played like 5 times and only on Germany.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pastuzyn
United States
Midland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carnalito wrote:
Hey, played Age of Industry with 3 people last night. One had never played the game so we went for the Germany map, with a few alterations;

Map customization:

Card customization: Removed all Brown(5), All Ships (3), 1 Coal, 1 Iron, 1 Cotton, 1 Port and 1 Good.

13 cards.

This game was one of the best sessions (tight, but not too tight.) of Age of Industry ive had so far, but keep in mind ive only played like 5 times and only on Germany.

You should try the Portugal map with four or five if you like a tight game. Japan is always a tight game for us as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kenntoft
Spain
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deep Silver wrote:

You should try the Portugal map with four or five if you like a tight game. Japan is always a tight game for us as well.

Sadly i dont own any expansions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moe45673
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
J, the New England map is fantastic and has plenty of replayability. I own Japan/Minn and Belgium/USSR but sadly haven't been able to play any of those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pastuzyn
United States
Midland
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carnalito wrote:
Deep Silver wrote:

The Portugal map is a PnP you can download from the files section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Kenntoft
Spain
Sundbyberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Deep Silver wrote:
carnalito wrote:
Deep Silver wrote:

The Portugal map is a PnP you can download from the files section.

I had totally missed that one. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Francisco
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hope you enjoy the Portugal map. Any comments or criticisms are appreciated. It really was a labor of love for me with big thanks to Claude Sirois. Without his help, it would have never been made! By the way, his maps are sublime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Canner
United Kingdom
Exeter
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carnalito wrote:

Map customization:

13 cards.

Played this the other night and it worked pretty well.

3 players on the normal Germany map is very loose (there is enough room to almost avoid overbuilding) and it goes on a bit too long.

But with carnalito's changes, everyone had to do some overbuilding and it felt like it finished about the right time. (Actually I helped it to finish a bit too early for my board position, by picking up too many cards.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.