Popular Tags: [View All]
Marnix de Wit
Netherlands
Sliedrecht
flag msg tools
GamerDAD!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So how long are your games taking? 90 till 240 minutes is kinda a big difference. Please let me know how long your games last and how often you played it. Really contemplating about getting this. I have war of the ring but never pay out because the length.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc Perreault
Canada
Chatham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
First game was about 3 hours for me and my Fiancée. Second game took about 2 hours.

Turns can go fairly fast as long as both players are not agonizing over every action Die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First game for me was 2.5 hours. Most games have been close to 2. Longest game was about 3 I think.

I suspect 4 hours is too long of an estimate for most people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itamar Parann
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
badge
Magic is the Art
mbmbmbmbmb
My first three games took 2 hours tops. The next four took about 3.5 hours each.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marnix de Wit
Netherlands
Sliedrecht
flag msg tools
GamerDAD!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any reason why subsequent games took longer?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Derderian
United States
Troy
Michigan
flag msg tools
Depends on what turn you win on. I have not had a game go to the last turn yet, but that would make for a long game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itamar Parann
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
badge
Magic is the Art
mbmbmbmbmb
Marnix wrote:
Any reason why subsequent games took longer?

We go better, made less mistakes, and the games last longer :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Larson
United States
Coon Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marnix wrote:
So how long are your games taking? 90 till 240 minutes is kinda a big difference. Please let me know how long your games last and how often you played it. Really contemplating about getting this. I have war of the ring but never pay out because the length.

I ended up selling my copy of War of the Ring awhile back. I picked up Battle of Five Armies recently because it looked simpler to teach new players (and they could focus more on developing a strategy), and had a shorter play time. This would (hopefully) make it easier to get to the table. I also liked the smaller board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.