Popular Tags: [View All]
Rebecca Carpenter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My man and I are just getting into this game but we know that we’ll play everything that comes out for it. We decided to start planning for storage right away. So far we’ve bought an artist wooden box from a craft store and he is building custom wood insert. When discussing how much time and money we ought to spend on storage I asked him, “What are we going to do with our collection when its all somehow over?”

“Would we sell it? Would we sell our custom box storage with it and should we keep the AP boxes for all these years?”

He dropped wisdom on me and I’ve been thinking about it all day. He said, “We wouldn’t sell it, we’d keep it and pass it on to Chloe (my niece) maybe one day.”

And of course we would! This game, should it ever go out of print, or even if it doesn’t, provides the user(s) with a 100% unique and brilliant life experience. For us, as a couple who loves to game together on the same team, LotR LCG is a platform to truly take an intimate adventure together, full of peril, and triumphs. To face adversities and with synchronization, handily take our foes – I used handily very generously there, but you understand. This game is epic.

When we have the entire collection beautifully stored finally completed, of course we wouldn’t sell it. Its far too valuable than 75% off MSRP on Ebay or whatever. Not when we can lend it to another couple (we gotta be pretty tight with them though) or my nieces, or his parents. And maybe a few years down the line we can replay it all over again! Only this time, we’ll have memories of when we were young and full of so much enthusiasm for this game to reflect on. Late night play sessions for a particularly hard adventure. Lengthy conversations about strategies. Victories we bonded over.

He was so right. We won’t ever sell off this collection. This is a keep- sake and a family heirloom. Can’t believe I ever even considered it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.