John Smith
msg tools
Let's say a player has two loyalty cards: one final five card: "examining player is executed" and one "You are a cylon card". Another player is examining both cards (using Baltar's ability or a quorum card). He immediately reveals the final five card and is executed, but he has seen the other card. Can he talk about it (probably after drawing the new loyalty card himself) or, since he is dead, he has to take the secret to the grave?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the player is still in the game, so the usual secrecy rules about hidden cards should apply. In other words, say generic things that may or may not be true. So accusing the other player of being a cylon would be acceptable, I presume.

ps. Welcome to bgg.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smith
msg tools
Thank you for your answer and welcome.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterworth778 wrote:
Let's say a player has two loyalty cards: one final five card: "examining player is executed" and one "You are a cylon card". Another player is examining both cards (using Baltar's ability or a quorum card). He immediately reveals the final five card and is executed, but he has seen the other card. Can he talk about it (probably after drawing the new loyalty card himself) or, since he is dead, he has to take the secret to the grave?

GerryRailBaron wrote:
Well, the player is still in the game, so the usual secrecy rules about hidden cards should apply. In other words, say generic things that may or may not be true. So accusing the other player of being a cylon would be acceptable, I presume.

ps. Welcome to bgg.

Agreed. Keep to the confines of secrecy rules regarding loyalty cards. However, if you're coming back as another (human) character, I wouldn't spill the details of what you saw until you see what your new Loyalty card is


Also, this isn't like Werewolf where dead players are forbidden to communicate with the remaining, living players. It's not THAT thematic where dead people can't talk. AFAIK, you're free to talk strategy and your insights with others even if you're eliminated via IN.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jukka-Pekka Tuominen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmb
ackmondual wrote:
[q="Butterworth778"]AFAIK, you're free to talk strategy and your insights with others even if you're eliminated via IN.


In the rules it says that the player is "eliminated". I always interpret it as he cannot participate to the game at all..

I also think it's a stupid rule so in my games the players who are tried/boxed can still participate to the end game strategies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.