14 Posts

Twilight Struggle» Forums » General

Subject: Twilight struggle rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeffery Lebowski
msg tools
So I have two issues...
The Norad card. Why is it referred to as an optional card? I just bought the game and I don't see anything about it being optional. Secondly why don't I have a reminder marker for it. I've already read some posts about this, but maybe I don't understand how this works. I'm still trying to understand this game, so please forgive me. Can I use the quagmire chit? I don't understand how these cards work. Sorry, but please explain.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Wachsmuth
msg tools
mb
It's an optional card because you don't have to play with it. The game works just fine if you remove the 7 optional cards, but it also works very well (and I'd say better) if you play with them.

Just keep the card NORAD by the side of the board while it is in play. It should have a chit, but it doesn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Lebowski
msg tools
Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffery Lebowski
msg tools
So now I'm just wondering, what are the 7 optional cards. I'm working through my first game with a friend. One turn per day

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
The 7 highest-numbered cards were added in a later edition, and are referred to as "optional", but I don't know anyone who plays without them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf B
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wachsmuth wrote:
It's an optional card because you don't have to play with it. The game works just fine if you remove the 7 optional cards, but it also works very well (and I'd say better) if you play with them.

Just keep the card NORAD by the side of the board while it is in play. It should have a chit, but it doesn't.

And here I thought I'd already lost the NORAD chit while punching out my set! Thanks, this had been bugging me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Shugars
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rafamir wrote:
Wachsmuth wrote:

And here I thought I'd already lost the NORAD chit while punching out my set! Thanks, this had been bugging me.

It's too bad that one is missing though, as it's one of the few chits we find very helpful--put a chit on the Defcon 2 spot on the defcon track so you don't forget to use its ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
killy9999
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
but I don't know anyone who plays without them.
I almost never play with the optional cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...and the topic name is insufficient. Pls name appropriately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Estêvão
Portugal
Lisboa
Lisboa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
The 7 highest-numbered cards were added in a later edition, and are referred to as "optional", but I don't know anyone who plays without them.

I still play with my Second Edition copy, so optional cards are not an option for me - unless I am playing with someone else's copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JIM SMITH
United States
California
flag msg tools
Here's the chit I created (personally approved by Ananda himself!)

"Long delay, wow, but I love the counter. The text seems fine; I'd put the "+1 Influence" in white and frame it with a solid blue box to connote the requirement for US presence in the country. A little oblique perhaps but I think it would get the job done.

Ananda"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jim90808 wrote:
Here's the chit I created (personally approved by Ananda himself!)

How did you make that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JIM SMITH
United States
California
flag msg tools
I scanned a normal chit and simply edited it in Microsoft Paint. I then printed it out to a sheet of mailing labels so I could cut them out and paste them like stickers on some cardboard (ie. the back of a notepad). Pretty pedestrian, but it works. As someone stated above, its actually one of the more important chits as its easy to forget that when Defcon falls to 2, the US players gets that add'l influence placement. Many other chits don't really need an extra reminder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don't Blink
Australia
Brisbane
QLD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I found a problem with your chit. It doesn't use the word MOVE devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.