Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given that all activitated units in a hex which want to move MUST move together, are they allowed to "mix" different kind of moves?
For ex: a hex with a shaken leader, 1 shaken squad and two Good Order squads (Assault Fire capables).
The two shaken units Low Crawl back in an adjacent building.
Can the Two Good Orders declare Assault Fire, move in the same building hex (alogether with the shakens) and then shoot?
Or they have to Low crawl as well?
(In the same impulse, of course)

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that's a valid move strategy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Allowing units activated in the same impulse, in the same hex to use different move modes and to move to different hex locations would contravene this section of the rules (v3.0) that I`ve pasted below, unless the core rules have been updated for Heroes of the Pacific.

Units activated in a single impulse can mix firing and moving as long as no unit does both (with the exception of Assault Move).

Rules section 4.0
"All moving units that begin their move in the same hex and are activated in the same impulse must move together. Note that when units in a hex are activated together, some may move and some may fire, but those that fire must do so together (following the special rules for SWs noted above) and those that move must also do so together. All squads in a hex, however, are NOT required to activate in the same impulse."

MM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, but he's moving to the exact same hex just different move style. That is allowed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh, I see.

Didn`t read closely enough... to realize that both the Low Crawl units and the Assaulting units were moving to the same hex location, using the same route. blush

MM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot, guys!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fliss
United States
Sterling
Virginia
flag msg tools
Damn fine soldiers, Cottonbalers by God! -- US 7th Infantry Regiment
mbmbmbmbmb
Providing of course that the shaken units are not advancing toward an enemy through their low-crawl move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bezmozgu wrote:
Providing of course that the shaken units are not advancing toward an enemy through their low-crawl move.

cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, to continue the discussion, low crawling the shaken guys is a little pointless because as soon as the assault move troops enter the hex the entire hex is spotted, negating the point of a low crawl.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I thought about this.
So, no need to Low Crawl, right?
Or there are some other points/advantages I don't get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Copley
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I don't have rules nearby but wouldn't the low crawl still be a good idea as if the stack is fired at those units wouldn't have the move modifier applied to them when the fire is resolved whereas the ones that assault moved would have it factored in.
Cheers!
Pete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Rigillo
Italy
Roma
Rm
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain darling wrote:
Hi,
I don't have rules nearby but wouldn't the low crawl still be a good idea as if the stack is fired at those units wouldn't have the move modifier applied to them when the fire is resolved whereas the ones that assault moved would have it factored in.
Cheers!
Pete

thumbsup!!! Thanks!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vance Strickland
Canada
Nepean
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Captain darling wrote:
Hi,
Cheers!
Pete

This is correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Manning
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got the game..have not really gotten an understanding of movement...how does a stack of 3 squads and a leader move....does the length of movement depend on all squads having the same movement points....? Haven't punched all the units out...but it appears that just about all have 4 movement points...plus of course the leaders ability rating...most games I've played
requires you to move as far as the squad with the lowest movement points will allow....i can't seem to find a rule regarding this ..did I miss it..?
And from what I understand from the above posts a stack can move in different directions using different postures..is my assumption correct?
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stéphane Tanguay
Canada
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Most squads have 4 MP (some have 3)

Double-timing with a leader add 2 MP, provided those units start and end their movement with the Leader

All units that move out of an hex in the same impulse must move together and end their move in the same hex (unless some are shaken along the way and are left behind

So yes, if you have a squad with 3 MP and another one with 4 MP stacked with a leader and you want to move them all in the same impulse, they can move only 5 MP and must stay together all the time, ending in the same hex.

They can use different posture but this is happens very rarely in a game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.