Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gabriel Mann
United Kingdom
Wigan
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have quite a few ASL things but they were all given to me. I want to start building a collection of new ASL things as all of my collection is a bit rough around the edges. At the moment the main things I have are Beyond Valour and Yanks (Both are pretty old now so they're not in amazing condition). My biggest interests are probably the pacific theatre, the battles in africa and the british army! So what should I work on getting first? I'm not opposed to things that don't fit my interests if they're really good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, currently, the Desert will cost you a lot of money. Desert rules haven't been reprinted by MMP and the old desert module, West of Alamein, is hard to find.

For the Pacific, you want to pick up Rising Sun, which IS in print, but still expensive--because it's MASSIVE.

The British OOB is in the module For King and Country...I'm not sure if it is readily available at the moment.

And I suppose you may want to pick up a copy of the 3rd edition of Beyond Valor at some point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindu wrote:
Well, currently, the Desert will cost you a lot of money. Desert rules haven't been reprinted by MMP and the old desert module, West of Alamein, is hard to find.

For the Pacific, you want to pick up Rising Sun, which IS in print, but still expensive--because it's MASSIVE.

The British OOB is in the module For King and Country...I'm not sure if it is readily available at the moment.

And I suppose you may want to pick up a copy of the 3rd edition of Beyond Valor at some point.

FkaC $65
BV 3rd $100
RS $115...

$300 worth of Greatness
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Mann
United Kingdom
Wigan
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a chance they'll reprint the desert rules?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Greensboro
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the desert rules are in the works and will be published with the Italian OOB. Not sure when it will come out. Not for a couple of years, probably. Desert stuff is in low demand because it's less popular than ETO and PTO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The best advice I ever received I will happily repeat:

Buy it when it's available.

There's one caveat to that ... for Third Party Products go check out Mark Pitcavage's site ahead of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Ramos
United States
Nolensville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
medlinke wrote:

There's one caveat to that ... for Third Party Products go check out Mark Pitcavage's site ahead of time.

Could not agree more!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roundhill
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
medlinke wrote:

Try some Third Party Products, hopefully via fellow aficionados, and learn which have the type of product you like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
medlinke wrote:

Tell me about it...

I just went way over my gaming budget as I found a copy of Festung Budapest in a game store ($130 USD) currently listed as OOP on the MMP site.

But I knew I'd regret it if I didn't grab it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, while MMP have stated their intention to reprint an Italian / DTO module, tbeir quarterly updates focus on other ASL projects in the production queue. So, my best guess is not before 2018. I recommend seeking out a punched copy of West of Alamein on ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Horner
United Kingdom
Forres
Moray
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gameslore in the UK currently have BV, FKaC, and RS in stock

http://www.gameslore.com/acatalog/Games_ASL_105.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rynerson
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
Ma Hongkui
mbmbmbmbmb
Rindu wrote:

FKaC should be the top priority for acquisition ahead of Rising Sun because FKaC is almost certainly going to go out of print this year, whereas Rising Sun will be around for at least another year or so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.