Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Bua
United States
Flushing
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any way to get four extra sets of building tiles? I think it would help the flow of the game to have tiles in your hand that explain the powers of the buildings rather than leave one on the board.

Can we purchase them from the publishers?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bridgette D.
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At this point the tiles are not available for purchase.
I will give your suggestion to the VP of Operations at Passport Game Studios (The US Publisher).

Thank you for the suggestion!

Bridgette Dracass
Exec Admin
Passport Game Studios
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bua
United States
Flushing
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

I have played twice so far, with two different groups. So far everyone things having extra tiles in their hands to read would make game play easier, and as such, get the game on the table more often.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bridgette D.
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When I played for the first time, I had the same thought.
Interestingly, I mentioned it to a friend of mine, and she disagreed. She liked that people might forget the buildings abilities, because she fought it gave her an edge. devil

I have asked the VP of Operations to bring it up to our partner Stratelbri.

Thanks again!

Bridgette
Passport Game Studios
Exec Admin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bua
United States
Flushing
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
She sounds evil. Perfect for the game. I bet she won, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bridgette D.
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
She did, and she said it was because everyone forgot to use their building powers...LOL, and yes she is kind of eviiiiil!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Darrin
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been a frequent problem when we play, forgetting our buildings and their powers. Hope he doesn't mind, but I'm going to plug a file made by user
Pierre VIAU
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're player power tracking sheets that make life so much easier and pretty much alleviate that problem. Here's the file: Player powers tracking sheets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Hockin
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
We just printed up a cheat sheet. It is especially helpful for old, forgetful people with bad eyesight like myself. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I played the game for the first time today and thought it suffered from some weird production design decisions. There is really no point for the building tiles if there isn't one of each for every player (the powers could have been written directly on the board). It seems someone wanted to make it different from Kingsburg just for the sake of making it different.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bridgette D.
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi,

I wondered what the reason for the building tiles was too, and I found that the reason for not printing the building powers directly on the game board is to make printing in different languages more efficient.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gláucio Reis
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured that out, but it is a pretty lame reason. I hate it how the tiles cover most of the artwork. If there were multiple copies and players could take them for reference, at least they would have a function in the gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Gretsch

Berlin
msg tools
Is it possible to get the artwork for the buildings? I would like to make small papers with the image and the text of each building that each player can take after they occupied them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bridgette D.
United States
Auburn
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I will ask the VP of Operations if that is something we can do.

Thanks!
Bridgette

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Boyd
United Kingdom
Newtownards
County Down
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
beedracass wrote:
I found that the reason for not printing the building powers directly on the game board is to make printing in different languages more efficient.

Thanks for that. I don't know the game (yet...I'm in the UK), but watching the videos, I wondered why there were tiles. I originally assumed there were multiple tiles that could be used on each building.

Maybe that's something that could be looked at in the future for an expansion? I realise though the tiles match the symbols printed on the board, so I'm not sure how that would work out.

ADDITION: I was just thinking, a possible way of getting around that would to make future expansion building tiles bigger, so they also covered the symbols below. That way the symbols could change with each tile too.

Yep...my mind's wandering now!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petteri Heino
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
jbua wrote:
Any way to get four extra sets of building tiles? I think it would help the flow of the game to have tiles in your hand that explain the powers of the buildings rather than leave one on the board.

Can we purchase them from the publishers?

Good luck with that. I had missing elder gods sheet in the box when i purchased the game. I have emailed two times to Stratelibri about it. The vendor have emailed once and we are not getting anykind of answer. I'm not going to buy any games from them in the future, blah.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jbua wrote:

I play the game for the first time last night, not having read anything about it on BGG.

And almost straightaway I thought "what's the purpose of having tokens for the buildings? And if there are tokens, who the heck aren't there multiples so that a player can take the token and put it in front of them when they build the corresponding building?" It just seemed such an obvious benefit to having chosen to go with tokens rather than printing on the board, but a really bone-headed decision not to include them! As it was, I spent the game craning over the board, trying to look for al the different places I had built so that I didn't forget to use the powers I was entitled to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Kiefer
United States
Fremont
California
flag msg tools
badge
It's all about the theme!
mbmbmbmbmb
II think it was a great idea on their part to have the rules for each location on a separate tile so that you could pick them up. I certainly wouldn't want another dozen little tiles sitting next to me to keep looking at and then trying to figure out where they were related.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Roberts
United Kingdom
Burton On Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Sysop of "Big Bang Burger Bar" Forum (www.bigbangburgerbar.co.uk)
badge
Organiser of "Raiders of the Game Cupboard" (www.raidersofthegamecupboard.co.uk)
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Richard here, whilst the main board is good for keeping track of what you have built and can build next it is not praticle for tracking what each building does. Having a tile you can take showing your ongoing extra benefits would ease gameplay and avoid forgetting to use then at the appropriate moments.

If the main board and god cards took up less space it would be less of a problem.

I really like the game, the theme and artwork are brilliant but it feels like someone misread some dimensions at the factory.

I'm planning to scan the building tiles and create a set for each player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Roberts
United Kingdom
Burton On Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Sysop of "Big Bang Burger Bar" Forum (www.bigbangburgerbar.co.uk)
badge
Organiser of "Raiders of the Game Cupboard" (www.raidersofthegamecupboard.co.uk)
mbmbmbmbmb
Printed out the extra building tiles on thick card and cut out the nice shapes (hurt my fingers I have to say blush whistle)

Feedback so far is that other players like having the information in front of them and it helps them remember what abilities they have etc.

Worthwhile doing and hoping any future expansion includes additional tiles for the base game buildings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.