Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Whitpan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thought Meeplesource might want to make a set of realistic tokens for the game to replace the cubes!

Check the kickstarter out and ask them if its something you might want!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

My very initial thought is that 12 cubes fit perfectly inside the storehouse as a 4 x 3 grid. If meeplesource can produce something to replace the cubes which will also enable a "constantly intuitive count" of the number of cubes in the storehouse at any one time...

Now on the other hand, I'd love to see something to replace the actual meeples in Brew Crafter! Something that would represent a fictional brewery, because I've always maintained that the actions you're performing on the Market Action Board aren't "worker" actions - they're management actions. So for this particular game, I'd love to see a token that would represent a fictional brewery (to represent management) instead of a meeple (which customarily represents workers). But I'm certainly not losing any sleep over it, either.

Regardless, thanks for alerting us to the Meeple Source KS campaign! Here's the link for what Chris was talking about:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/meeplesource/resource-a...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
bgm1961 wrote:

My very initial thought is that 12 cubes fit perfectly inside the storehouse as a 4 x 3 grid.

I actually really liked this design aspect of the game, in the Time Lapse of our first play that is posted in the Video's section for this game you can see my brewery storage (on the left) at one point is filled to the brim. Makes for a quick way to check other players and make sure no one is holding more than they should.

It might be nice to have actual meeples for the brewery shift, but then they would need stickers on them to display the extra cost of employing them.

Video:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/63376/brew-crafters/brewc...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice Hate Me
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
The boardgame blog with worse luck than you! dicehateme.com
mbmbmbmbmb
klurejr wrote:
bgm1961 wrote:

My very initial thought is that 12 cubes fit perfectly inside the storehouse as a 4 x 3 grid.

I actually really liked this design aspect of the game, in the Time Lapse of our first play that is posted in the Video's section for this game you can see my brewery storage (on the left) at one point is filled to the brim. Makes for a quick way to check other players and make sure no one is holding more than they should.

Yep, this is exactly why we kept them as cubes. I designed everything to fit together and allow players to see storage capacity at a glance.

Quote:
It might be nice to have actual meeples for the brewery shift, but then they would need stickers on them to display the extra cost of employing them.

This is exactly right, and why they are punchboard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Whitpan
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not complaining, by any means. In fact I love the color and the finish of the cubes and I realize the purpose of making them that shape.

It would be just as easy to get some cool shapes to add some thematics that can be stacked flat for play.

Treasure Chest like items for instance, might be too difficult to manage in the game, but flat stack tokens like Meeple source makes would be fine for the application. Four stacks of three? You are full, my friend!

Still enjoy playing it and brewing beer! One of my favorite themed games I own!,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckirkman wrote:
klurejr wrote:
bgm1961 wrote:

Yep, this is exactly why we kept them as cubes. I designed everything to fit together and allow players to see storage capacity at a glance.

Quote:

This is exactly right, and why they are punchboard.

I guess I don't get why the brewery shift workers have to be punch board or why their costs need to be marked. Couldn't they just be a different shape than the market workers. Then, if I have two, I know I owe $5 each winter for the two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
atomheartmother wrote:
I guess I don't get why the brewery shift workers have to be punch board or why their costs need to be marked. Couldn't they just be a different shape than the market workers. Then, if I have two, I know I owe $5 each winter for the two.

I cannot speak for the creator of the game, but I can assume Cost of parts was the main reason they went with cardboard cut outs instead of Wooden Meeples with Stickers on them.

IMO it does not detract from the game at all, in fact I like that they look and feel different from the other meeples and have the money symbol on them that matches the money symbols everywhere else on the game. Reminds me that they cannot be used for Market actions and visa versa....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

klurejr wrote:
... they look and feel different from the other meeples and have the money symbol on them that matches the money symbols everywhere else on the game. Reminds me that they cannot be used for Market actions and visa versa....

I think Matthew nailed the answer to the question. It's important that they look different so not to be mixed-up with the market workers, and the money symbols need to be printed on the component in order to enable the mechanic of counting all your money symbols at the end of each year in order to determine your costs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Chambers
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem with the cubes is that they are very colorblind unfriendly. We have green, brown, and red, all colors that 7% of the population is going to have problems distinguishing. Which is why tokens or different shaped resources would have been much better.

Hopefully I can find a cheap replacement solution, or I am going to have major problems distinguishing these cubes. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klure Junior
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
Essssssss Teeeeee EYE!
badge
My Dog Abi
mbmbmbmbmb
Shampoo4you wrote:
The problem with the cubes is that they are very colorblind unfriendly. We have green, brown, and red, all colors that 7% of the population is going to have problems distinguishing. Which is why tokens or different shaped resources would have been much better.

Hopefully I can find a cheap replacement solution, or I am going to have major problems distinguishing these cubes. shake

I totally understand that. While not color blind myself, I do have a few friends that are (one that does touch-up painting on cars believe it or not, paint by paint code...)

I wonder if the designers considered this at all, maybe a small sticker on the cubes or a mark with a Sharpie could fix the issue for you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.