4 Posts

Iwo: Bloodbath in the Bonins 19 Feb – 17 Mar 1945» Forums » Rules

Subject: Making sense of Redeployment in Place rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I cannot make sense of rule 20.4, Redeployment in Place. On one hand it tells me to use the redeployment procedure above, and on the other it says the redeploying unit stays in the original hex.

Do I put the counter in the cup? Does it stay in the battle hex, and another counter is freed from the cup? What the heck do I do on a DRIP result, step by step?

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't played this for a while, but I remember the end effect was simply a known enemy unit getting switched for a different one which is now face down on the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok! I can see how that would make sense. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Whyte
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Redeploy in place means:
Put the unit into the cup, then:
1) If there are other units in the cup already, draw one at random and put it facedown into the same hex. The end result is a random unit from those already eliminated is now back in the hex.

2) If there is no other unit in the cup, select another unit on the map by starting at hex 0215, and working upwards by hex-number (towards hex 2915). Each time you come to a hex with a dug-in Jap unit, roll a die. On 4-6, move on to the next highest numbered Jap-occupied hex. But the first time you roll 1-3, put that Jap unit in the cup with the redeploying unit. Select one of the 2 units now in the cup at random to go into each of the two hexes (the hex of the combat result, and the hex chosen by die-roll). The end result is a 50/50 chance the two units go back into their original hexes, and 50% that they have been swapped.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.