Popular Tags: [View All]
Galen Brownsmith
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine that this will be overly hard to do, but as it turns out, my wife and I could do BGG@SEA. It turns out that we will be free of obligations, and that we could afford to do the cruise. I am, however, inexplicably cautious.

So, I challenge those of you going on BGG@SEA (or those who aren't, but wish they were): Convince me that this is something we should do.

(Yes, I know there's not a lot of time left, etc. So, be brief and to the point. =) )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because you'll be able to wear shorts and snorkel and lay on beautiful beaches - things you certainly can't do in Massachusetts where its still winter!

Because you'll be able to triple or quadruple your normal weekly gaming hours.

Because you and your wife will spend zero hours cooking, cleaning or home maintenance for a solid week. Because sleeping on a ship is so soothing. Because, fun in the room?

New friends? New games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy D
Canada
Milton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wake Up. Eat. Game. Eat. Game. Eat. Game. Sleep. Rinse and repeat.
Throw in the beach and sightseeing in there somewhere.

Who doesn't want to do that at least once in their life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:

Who doesn't want to do that at least once in for the rest of their life.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Phillips Beckerman
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PahToots wrote:
Wake Up. Eat. Game. Eat. Game. Eat. Game till 3am. Sleep. Rinse and repeat with naps in a deck chair as needed.

Throw in the beach and sightseeing in there somewhere.

Who doesn't want to do that at least once in their life.

FTFY

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiffany Rodriguez
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We decided to go because we weren't sure if they would do it again next year. This could be a once in a lifetime opportunity! Also, we heard rumblings of people wanted to move the port and we thought we should go while the port was convenient for us. Those are two practical reasons to not miss our this year if you have the chance. Also, you get to be a part of the legacy group that started it all haha

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Anderson
United States
Midlothian
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Est. 2005
badge
_____BGG.CON_____ BGG@SEA BGG.Spring
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not saying that we'll print these for sure for this year, or even in future years, but in case we ever do, don't you want to be able to wear it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:
I'm not saying that we'll print these for sure for this year, or even in future years, but in case we ever do, don't you want to be able to wear it?

I was going to ask for one whistle

I lost the opportunity to get one for BGG.CON (by many years), I don't want to miss this one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Brownsmith
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CaptainQwyx wrote:

Want to, yes.

Can afford to? Uhhh, probably not. soblue

But this year is viable. Assuming something doesn't happen in the next few hours (... like my kitchen renovation spontaneously combusting ...) the wife and I will be getting berths later today.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.