Subject: No Sound during Game Video Reviews rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone else having problems with the sound not working for video reviews? I have the volume turned up and able to hear game apps, YouTube videos on other sites.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(1) I can here this one picked at random.

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/64265/extraordinaires-design...

(2) Clicking on "YouTube" in frame takes me to YouTube where I can hear video in "native mode" at the YouTube website.

Can you hear either of those?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
herace wrote:

(2) Clicking on "YouTube" in frame takes me to YouTube where I can hear video in "native mode" at the YouTube website.

I can't hear option 1, but can hear on option 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russ Williams
Poland
Wrocław
Dolny Śląsk
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ol_bubba wrote:
herace wrote:

I can't hear option 1, but can hear on option 2.

I don't have the problem. It seems strange if it would actually be a bugg at BGG's end. I wonder if your browser or player has some site-specific sound settings or something weird? Have you tried using a second/different browser?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Denise Lavely
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might check and see if the sound is muted on the video itself. I very often have this problem - I will log onto BGG, click on a video, and it will start playing with the sound within the video turned off, when the rest of my sound is fine, and I know I haven't muted anything recently. In the bottom left of the Youtube frame is a little speaker - if it shows an 'x', then you could be having the same problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Denise wrote:
You might check and see if the sound is muted on the video itself. I very often have this problem - I will log onto BGG, click on a video, and it will start playing with the sound within the video turned off, when the rest of my sound is fine, and I know I haven't muted anything recently. In the bottom left of the Youtube frame is a little speaker - if it shows an 'x', then you could be having the same problem.

Thanks for pointing that out. I am using a Kindle Fire tablet and I will check on the mute function.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Patuxent River
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As this morning everything is working as advertised, but can't tell you why. I clicked on a video to check the mute function and lo and behold there was sound. Thanks for all the suggestions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.