Subject: Event Card Resolution - military rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Gray
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Might have already been posted but:

When resolving event card military events and the card has an army with a +1 strength marker on it: 1: the army gets a +1 strength marker 2: does that army also activate? Or does it just get the strength marker and that's it?

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fran Thorne
msg tools
Ive been playing that the army activates as well , which i think is right !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gray
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think so too. I played again last night and there is a card in the deck where an army gets a +1 then under that it has something like "twice" - that says to me that it gets both the +1 AND activates. In this example twice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Welch
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave - you got it! Any time an Army is listed on the card it attempts to advance. Sometimes the Armies advance twice (or conduct an action on their sequence twice). Remember that the +1 Strength when it occurs is removed at the end of the turn.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Gray
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
professorwelch wrote:
Dave - you got it! Any time an Army is listed on the card it attempts to advance. Sometimes the Armies advance twice (or conduct an action on their sequence twice). Remember that the +1 Strength when it occurs is removed at the end of the turn.

Have fun!

Thanks John! I really appreciate the time for an answer from the designer - many thanks. Congratulations on a fantastic game. One of the best solo games I own - which is so immersive that it doesn't feel like you are playing solo. Hats off to you and please keep it up I played yesterday and actually won... Just. But I'm counting it as a technical loss - I was playing sieges wrong I was using the same mechanic for both the royalist and parliamentary. Until I realised that you only get one roll not two as the parliamentary side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.