Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hubert AMG
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Last evening after starting it with disappointing Harbour (S.Almes) - we played Gluck auf - whcih we really enjoyed and we need something to fill in remaining 1h.

We were playing with 3 players. Explanation took 5-10 min. Then we started to optimize, therefore we started after another 10 min First turns were a nightmare. Instead of just going through it - we started to analyze "what if". Due to that we spent first 20 min on some cases that were easy to see - if we only move through it.

All in all, whole game took us 1,5h. After slow start - we picked up quickly and I can easily say, that we started to play quickly after we got into it. Roll after roll, wall after wall, pirate after pirate. I started slowly - going with churches. Others went with walls and personalities and the other one with mix strategy. All in all - i stopped to defend after building 2 walls and collecting two guns later on. In the end I collected one more gun (-5) and ended up with -15, which have been easily covered with churches and personalities.

There is not too much interaction, mostly you optimize your own garden. Pirates is the only common parameter that you have to take care of.

Game is very enjoyable. Dice rolling can be controlled to an extend that you can really have a feeling that you control your results and in case you don't really like it at all - you can change it.

I enjoy dice rolling games (especially the ones that give me possibility to influence what I roll). This is definitely nice one and worth wile game.
Underrated, not advertised, simple to learn and can be played with 4 with a downtime that you still enjoy the game. In case you have too much time between your turns - you can always decorate your board with some additional scenery

I like this one a lot. I did not have high expectations regarding this title - maybe that was the reason why I liked this one (contrary to Harbour which turned out to be total disappointment - however here - expectations were much higher).

I recommend Saint Malo with both hands.
It's really fun but still requires a bit of optimization.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Knauer
United States
Heathrow
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of my favorite Yahtzee style dice games as well. Probably best with 2 or 3 players. Slows down with more. I wish the boards had more options with starting symbols since it guides you towards specific buildings/symbol formations.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.