Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
I had Snow Tails, and it didn't see much play because for my casual gamers group it was 'too mathy'. I sold it and bought Mush Mush, but didn't have the opportunity to play it yet. I like that the movement rules are more streamlined and easier, but I find the buildings a possible 'obstacle' for those players.

Were they added because without them the game is too dumb? Reading the rules I had the impression that adding enough trees and choosing some more difficult tracks should lead to enough desicions and interactions during the race, without adding the buildings...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hardy
Germany
M√ľnster
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course you can play without buildings. They add some nice etxra, but are not absolutely necessary.
You could also use a building or two on the track without function, just to narrow teh route or split the track in 2 routes, one left, one right of the building. e.g.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
It is just as fun as Snow Tails, even more so as its a bit easier to play.

But the buildings add a lot to it - especially if you play a series of three, and use the kennels. People seem to really love that. The 5 is just so *sexy*.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My best-rated game: TETRARCHIA, about the tetrarchy that saved Rome
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Hardy and Eddie, glad to learn that the game is at least as fun and that the buildings are a bonus. I was afraid that the game had become less interesting and that the buildings were trying to compensate for that...

Good idea to use the three buildings on the track at least as an obstacle. I don't expect to play many races in series (though I would like to).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Playing a series helps mitigate the "oh crap I just hit a tree and then the side of the track and am now in last and well I guess this is pointless I can't win with that jerk over there drifting like a pro". Once people know the rules a set of three races can be done in 90-120 minutes easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.