Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Forrest
Canada
Stoney Creek
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed after picking this game up that there were no votes or reviews or sessions for this game. I figured I would make my first session report coincide with a first session report for the game...

This was the first time to play this game for any of us, as my wife had picked it up for under $10 one day. Both my wife and I are fans of the whole CSI series, and thought for $10, it would be worth it to try.

We played a 4-player game with myself, my wife, my brother and his girlfriend. We found the game elements to be a lot like "Clue": find out who did it, and find the Means, the Motive and the Opportunity that link one of three possible suspects to the murder.

The gameplay was simple enough. Roll a 12-sided die to see which "case file" you read first. There are three levels of case files, and a player must complete all 6 files in a level before advancing to the next level.

Sadly, the die was a large factor in the game. My wife got out to a big lead in terms of level 1 and level 2 evidence, but found herself rolling several "miss a turn" sides or repeat case files which allowed the rest of us back in the game. We also found out that taking vigorous notes during the game slowed down the gameplay considerably, and that the notetaking was largely unnecessary in the end game, as most of the "important clues" came in the third level of case files. Meaning your main goal should be to get to the third level as quickly as possible, then hope you are lucky enough to pick the 3 important case files before the rest of the players can catch up.

There is an interesting trivia challenge everytime you roll a "?" side, but there are only 40 questions. We burned through 15-20 of them in a single game. With only 8 cases to do in the game, it would be very easy to see repeat trivia cards in only 3 different sessions.

Overall the game was enjoyable if you are a fan of any CSI series. The cases are interesting and very much like the show. The game is far too reliant on the dice however, and really ruins things when players have to wait multiple turns with doing nothing. It might make for interesting fun during a CSI themed party, but there are other games I would rather play. We will probably play out the 8 cases eventually, but it certainly won't be a priority.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.