Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it's not as if any otehr candidate has ties to foreign investments.

Is Clinton a corrupt and shady politician, yes. But really what are the alternatives?

Bent business men, right wing nut jobs and conspiracy theorists.

This really is a choice between the unpalatable and the unelectable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
bjlillo wrote:
We've always known the Clintons took dirty money and have no integrity. I'm not sure how this changes things with Democrats.

IF she were the exception yes it would.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
The foundation should have returned the Algerian money per their agreement with the Obama Administration. That seems like a foundation failing and the CEO should be held accountable. I'm not sure a law was broken though.

If you think it was some sort if bribe, either Algeria didn't pay enough, or they are really bad guys and think this is a good report:

Quote:
2010 State Department report on human rights in Algeria noted that “principal human rights problems included restrictions on freedom of assembly and association” and cited reports of arbitrary killings, widespread corruption and a lack of transparency. Additionally, the report, issued in early 2011, discussed restrictions on labor and women’s rights.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
And right on cue, Troll-boy Jermy, swoops in to be Hillary's white knight!

blue and black

What part of my post do you disagree with?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald
United States
New Alexandria
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why are you against freedom of association?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hive Mind
United States
Liberal Utopia Commune
State of Enlightenment
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Donald wrote:

He isn't and your question shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what freedom of association means. Drew isn't asking that Hillary be jailed for taking bribes through her foundation; he's merely pointing out that Hillary is willing to sell her efforts to foreign governments if they are willing to pony up enough cash.

Hillary got to exercise her freedom of association and now, equipped with proper information, voters and donors can exercise theirs.

The great part about freedom of association is that you get to know who the bigots are or who the charlatans like Clinton are and can avoid them if you want.

Thank goodness she has the good sense to sell her soul for a decent price. That's leadership material right there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Donald wrote:

He isn't and your question shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what freedom of association means. Drew isn't asking that Hillary be jailed for taking bribes through her foundation; he's merely pointing out that Hillary is willing to sell her efforts to foreign governments if they are willing to pony up enough cash.

Hillary got to exercise her freedom of association and now, equipped with proper information, voters and donors can exercise theirs.

The great part about freedom of association is that you get to know who the bigots are or who the charlatans like Clinton are and can avoid them if you want.
Except that there is no evidence this happened, only that a foundation she is associated with accepted money it used for purposes (according to them) other the buying access.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
C'mon, They're all on the take.
Arbuso energy
Harken Energy

Everybody does it is not a solution and it's not a defense. The more we retreat to "everybody does it" the more corruption we'll have. If we really want to see honest politicians, two things must happen.

1) Those who lie, cheat, steal or otherwise break laws do not get a pass because they're politicians and have wealthy connections. Throw them in the slammer. Make them suffer.

2) Force the press to cover such things instead of talking about useless trivia. Make sure the people know that these are the thing that are important -- not whether someone smoked a joint when he was in college or put a dog in a car carrier.

I'm all for bringing back public stocks and arming passers-by with rotten vegetables.
"force the press", how?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:

Wait, you mean her husband exercised his freedom of association, right?

What did Algeria buy, exactly?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've never understood the ultra-right's obsession with trying to make their opponents seem buffoonish. It just highlights their own inability to actually pony up a more palatable candidate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Preisach
United States
East McKeesport
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't a shit-ton of money = free speech? I think I heard that somewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Shadrach wrote:
I've never understood the ultra-right's obsession with trying to make their opponents seem buffoonish. It just highlights their own inability to actually pony up a more palatable candidate.

The ultra-right's obsession? So you've missed the Scott Walker threads and news stories from the past two weeks?

This isn't an attempt to make Hillary look buffoonish. It's an attempt to show you yet another example of her lack of integrity. She's not stupid, she just isn't worthy of trust.
So prove she actually received a penny of this money. No nudge nudge wink wink accusations lets have the actually receipts from the bank transfers that prove what she did wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
Shadrach wrote:

The ultra-right's obsession? So you've missed the Scott Walker threads and news stories from the past two weeks?

This isn't an attempt to make Hillary look buffoonish. It's an attempt to show you yet another example of her lack of integrity. She's not stupid, she just isn't worthy of trust.

Trust? I thought you were a Libertarian. I don't TRUST any of the people in power, that'd be naive. I shoot for 'promote the general wellbeing of the nation while lining their pockets.'

Pfah, Left/Right/whatever aside, if you actually think you could trust Walker, if anyone thought they could trust Obama, or any of them, you're nothing but fools for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
edgerunner76 wrote:
Doesn't a shit-ton of money = free speech? I think I heard that somewhere.

Yes. You know what else is free speech? Pointing out to you when someone takes a bunch of money and in exchange doles out favors like Hillary did. That's why I advocate for Congress-critters wearing Nascar-like suits with the logos of all of their sponsors on them.

More information about who candidates are is a good thing, particularly prior to the election.

Are you referring to a different source than the OP. What money did Hillary personally take and what favors were doled out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Yeah, damn that obsession for wanting honesty from our leaders.

That's so unreasonable.
Where is the proof she knew about this, and was given any of it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't going to vote for her anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Drew1365 wrote:
Yeah, damn that obsession for wanting honesty from our leaders.

That's so unreasonable.

No drew. you don't want Honesty. You want Leaders who will lie to you the way you want them to lie to you. You're in an abusive relationship and you keep telling yourself 'no my guy's really great, those other folks don't know him like *I* do.'

Honesty is scary, you wouldn't like it if you saw it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I wasn't going to vote for her anyway.
If I were an American I would have the dilemma of not wanting to vote for her, but look at the otehr side.

To be fair I have a similar dilemma in this country, a group of rather shabby nobodies who are untrustworthy. So it's a case of voting for hive of scum and villainy that will least fuck me up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shushnik wrote:
This won't force her out as the left's darling, as much as I wish it would.
Has any one where said she is not an odious crook?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There is no Dana, only Zuul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
We've always known the Clintons took dirty money and have no integrity. I'm not sure how this changes things with Democrats.
Let's just be honest that given the system, every politician is pretty much taking dirty money via lobbyists. It's a systemic issue not limited to party. What's the point of being mad at one candidate over another when they're all doing the same sleazeball thing? From our peon persepctive, it seems like it's just a matter of choosing which shitty interests we're willing to endure because we aren't willing to oust our own party interests for doing shitty things and insisting all dirty money get out of our politics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Beaton
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I have a cunning plan
mbmbmbmbmb
After all the phony-baloney scandals of Bill's administration, it's not much of a shock that people are just shrugging at the latest accusations. It just smells like another set of Whitewater lies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Frazier
United States
West Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
A man learns little by little in battle. Take this battle experience and become a man who can’t be beaten
badge
This flag says we will fight until only our bones are left.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not seeing how this money is going into her personal pocket, but maybe I'm just naive.

I think pillorying someone for contributions to a charity that they don't even directly run is probably not a winning tactic but good luck, conservatards! Gotta get your next oligarch big man in the big chair so you'll all feel like winners!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Preisach
United States
East McKeesport
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wolf-pac.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting for the source that says Hillary personally got money from this and what the Algerians got in return...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.