Justin Gortner
United States
Egg Harbor Township
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I am wanting to preserve the condition of the player shields and player board (where you place dice). So I would like to print out ones for players to use instead of the ones that come with the game.

Is anyone else crazy enough to think this way as well and have scanned images of these two boards? I do not easily have access to a scanner (without having to pay Kinkos to do it).

Thanks much!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dewsbery
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Use really big card sleeves?

These are mass-produced boardgames, not works of art. If you need to preserve everything in blocks of Lucite, perhaps it's time to re-evaluate. Or just ask your friends to play only when wearing latex gloves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W

South Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmb
Honestly, I've seen this game get multiple plays already and the shield and player board's have shown no wear at all. Obviously your moving the shield around to show each other what you have chosen, but the player boards hardly ever get moved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rain
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Your best bet is to have two separate copies--one for playing, and the other as a collector. That's what serious collectors do. That way nothing in your good copy will get accidentally dinged. Since the one you have is (apparently) already open, use that one for your play copy. Then then next copy you buy can be your collector's copy. Also, your collector's copy is probably in safer hands at the store than in your home, so you can put off buying it. Indefinitely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rain
Canada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(As a side note, I used to have the collector's feeling about many things. Once I let go, and just enjoyed things for what they are, dings and all, it was like a giant weight off of my shoulders. I have never looked back.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Nassau County
New York
flag msg tools
Rainstar wrote:
Your best bet is to have two separate copies--one for playing, and the other as a collector. That's what serious collectors do...

The collectors that I used to know bought in triplicate. One to open, one to preserve and one to trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United Kingdom
Southampton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rainstar wrote:
Also, your collector's copy is probably in safer hands at the store than in your home, so you can put off buying it. Indefinitely.

Funny :-)

I reckon there's a good chance that it'll be available for a while...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kleemann
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Wow. I've never run into board game collectors. ...maybe I have and just didn't know it at the time. All my players are in the camp of "if the game doesn't have beer stains then we must not have played it enough so it's probably not any good"

For space reasons, I limit myself to about 100 games so any game I haven't played in a couple years is likely to be given away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can laminate the boards, or find a really big, plastic sleeve/sandwich bag for them. You won't shuffle them, so no biggie if it has a ziplock on it.

The screens... since it bends on 2 sides, I'm sure laminating won't work. I would suggest just being prepared to buy a new one if they get damaged.

Otherwise, I wouldn't mind if they get damaged, unless they became unusable for obscuring what you're doing with your dice, or you can't make out the reference material. I did witness someone's copy getting spilled pink lemonade on one of the home world tiles. That was a shame, but at least it was still "randomizable" (sort of).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
John Coltrane - Both Directions At Once: The Lost Album
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are rules against posting high res images of flat materials from the game, so unless you'd be happy with a low res copy you'll need to either scan it yourself or find somebody who is willing to do the scan and email it to you privately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is a scanned image of the small player board, I am willing to modify it so it doesn't look so weird putting dice below each section.

Edit: I uploaded a printable image for new Player Boards.

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/115870/alternative-phase-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.