Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tiger 19
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems you play incorrectly some aspects of the game, particularly how ships can transport land units and the fact that a march order can lead to ONE combat only. Can be splitted, but can't lead to more than one battle.

Martell also has Arianne if he's afraid to meet Loras...

One humble tip, re-read your rulebook or take a look at some game that have been played here, this will make your gameplay more balanced and more fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ceiteach Mac
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tyrell can only place 2 march orders in round 1. If you are using these march orders on the Dornish Marches and Highgarden, then you won't be able to march your ship out to the West Summer Sea so that you can reach Dorne and attack the Martells as you've described.

Edit: barabasse beat me to it, with a much better analysis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Barabasse89 wrote:
It seems you play incorrectly some aspects of the game, particularly how ships can transport land units and the fact that a march order can lead to ONE combat only. Can be splitted, but can't lead to more than one battle.

One humble tip, re-read your rulebook or take a look at some game that have been played here, this will make your gameplay more balanced and more fun.

Are you saying that if you use Loras on a march that results in an attack, sir loras's affect cannot result in a second combat?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowecore wrote:
Barabasse89 wrote:

Are you saying that if you use Loras on a march that results in an attack, sir loras's affect cannot result in a second combat?

Not if Martell plays Arianne, Arianne nullifies the Loras second attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ceiteach Mac
Ireland
Dublin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lowecore wrote:
Barabasse89 wrote:

This will be a different march though, so it won't be a second combat. A single march can only result in a single combat. Sure, you are using the same token you have just used, but the march itself won't occur until each other player has marched first and we are on to the next phase of marches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matteo Angioletti
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Martell usual and arguably best opening sets of orders always imply a Special Consolidate power in Sunspear, not a March.

But even if they didn't, you can't attack from Highgarden anywhere in Martell lands without a ship in the West Summer Sea, and even if you have such a ship you can at best move into Starfall.

You should read again the rulebook section where sea bridges are explained.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Ceiteach wrote:
Lowecore wrote:
Barabasse89 wrote:

This will be a different march though, so it won't be a second combat. A single march can only result in a single combat. Sure, you are using the same token you have just used, but the march itself won't occur until each other player has marched first and we are on to the next phase of marches.

gotcha thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Grafström
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It would be possible to reach Yronwood by moving the ship to West Summer Sea and attack Starfall from Highgarden and to play Loras. Actually saw this in a PBF (I think) where the follow up was an attack on Yronwood where Queen of Thorns was played to remove the CP* at Sunspear.

This depends on a lot of factors though, such as Martell moving to Starfall (very likely) and you winning the Starfall battle (very likely) and that Martell retreats the footman to Yronwood (very unlikely if Tyrell played Loras) or if Martell simply denied you with Arianne (touch and go if a Martell player plays her so early). I also think that should you not get a muster from the Westeros Phase you as Tyrell are in deep deep trouble having done this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Biondo
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
"It would be possible to reach Yronwood by moving the ship to West Summer Sea and attack Starfall from Highgarden and to play Loras. Actually saw this in a PBF (I think) where the follow up was an attack on Yronwood where Queen of Thorns was played to remove the CP* at Sunspear.

This depends on a lot of factors though, such as Martell moving to Starfall (very likely) and you winning the Starfall battle (very likely) and that Martell retreats the footman to Yronwood (very unlikely if Tyrell played Loras) or if Martell simply denied you with Arianne (touch and go if a Martell player plays her so early). I also think that should you not get a muster from the Westeros Phase you as Tyrell are in deep deep trouble having done this..."

Martell would have to play extremely bad for this to occur.
1. A Better Martell Strategies is to consolidate power on Salt Shore. If Martell chose to move to Starfall and Tyrell chose to attack it. Martell has 2 plans. He can either play Arienne and laugh as you waste your best card, or he could play a defensive card and retreat to Storms End NOT Yronwood. Because of what you just said.

I have found in the dozens of games I have played with Martell, a war with Tyrell often leads to both of your houses in trouble. If there is no mustering T1 or T2 Tyrell is doomed due to Martell Special Consolidate.

Best strategy with Tyrell is to have an Alliance with Martell. Push North and Mid (against Lannister and Baratheon. Have an agreement with Martell to leave starfall neutral. Let both of you Consolidate power in those south territories. Both of you will be competing for Starfall late game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn Grafström
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
MartletPLayer24 wrote:

Martell would have to play extremely bad for this to occur.

Best strategy with Tyrell is to have an Alliance with Martell. Push North and Mid (against Lannister and Baratheon. Have an agreement with Martell to leave starfall neutral. Let both of you Consolidate power in those south territories. Both of you will be competing for Starfall late game.

Yeah, I thought I made that clear but alas

When I'm Martell, I'll never ever even consider Starfall as Tyrell's. The key position in negotiation with Tyrell for me is Prince's Pass. That one is the key for a working alliance between Martell and Tyrell. And at least mid game and later you should have a support hub at Yronwood making the Martell claim for Prince's Pass quite strong (and it also protects Starfall from a Tyrell attack).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.