• [+] Dice rolls
James Thayer
United States
Universal City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sci Fi City sells for $32 with free shipping at $100.

http://shop.sci-fi-city.com/product_info.php?products_id=716...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ratent wrote:
Sci Fi City sells for $32 with free shipping at $100.

http://shop.sci-fi-city.com/product_info.php?products_id=716...

With shipping it's more expensive. Most of the time I don't need to buy $100 of games at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this game any good? After the huge disappointment that was Pathfinder (no real gameplay) I got scared off of this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathew Spence
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played Pathfinder yet, but I do really enjoy this one. It's fairly difficult and you really do need to work as a team to win missions. First night we played it we did 6 games in a row. It's a pretty awesome game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsc19702 wrote:
Most of the time I don't need to buy $100 of games at a time.

Not needing to never seems to get in my way. laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
Is this game any good?

Only played the intro, but my impression is "meh". Thematically, the deck bad guys aren't cohesive. Pretty much like fighting a random encounter of a pirate, mummy, and explosive teapot. Gameplay focuses on icons. I need a green, two of any, and a black to defeat this guy. One red, four of any, and a blue for this other one. Discard cards with matching icons against your or another opponent. Draw card at end of turn. Repeat. As you defeat opponents and during the round, you get credits to buy cards which you can put directly in your hand. I imagine there's a vending machine in the middle of combat where you're buying stuff.

Game uses stickers to record information between games. Some gamers don't mind this (the game's supposed to be better as a campaign). Others do. I *think* cards with character special abilities would have worked fine.

EDIT: Sci-Fi City has it for $33 -- and obviously sells other games, so you can buy, say, three games for free shipping. How the heck do you find other deals on that site? I'm not seeing a "best deals" section or something there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Thayer
United States
Universal City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sam and Max wrote:

EDIT: Sci-Fi City has it for $33 -- and obviously sells other games, so you can buy, say, three games for free shipping. How the heck do you find other deals on that site? I'm not seeing a "best deals" section or something there!

Lots of digging... their selection isn't as wide as other online shops.

Typically items on their featured list are deep cuts, and their new arrivals are updated regularly. Thunderstone Numenera was down to 25 at one point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.