6 Posts

History of the Roman Empire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question of draws and how to pass on tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Hedin
Sweden
flag msg tools
I do not understand the draw/pass rules (in 5.4).

If you decide to pass a token on do you pass it to a specific other player or just "down the line", i.e. to the next one in turn to draw?

And is that player allowed to pass the token on as well, or does he/she have to keep it? If so is that done immediately or during the next players draw-turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
JohanH wrote:
I do not understand the draw/pass rules (in 5.4).

If you decide to pass a token on do you pass it to a specific other player or just "down the line", i.e. to the next one in turn to draw?

To any other player that has not yet received a token, not necessarily the next player.

JohanH wrote:
And is that player allowed to pass the token on as well, or does he/she have to keep it? If so is that done immediately or during the next players draw-turn?

If you pass a token to a player, they still have to draw when it's their turn, but they must pass it on, because they already have one. The last player whose turn it is to draw, if they already received a token, would just not draw at all if everyone already has a token.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Hedin
Sweden
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarifiction.
If these are indeed the rules I will play after them, but I find it a but strange. So you can give a specific player a "bad hand", which I have not seen in any game I have tried so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That style of passing comes from History of the World on which this game is based.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Hedin
Sweden
flag msg tools
broggi wrote:
That style of passing comes from History of the World on which this game is based.

I understand that now. It feels a bit as if all the rules in HOTRE are written for people who already know this game. I don't, so some concepts are a bit strange to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Goldberg
United States
Bonnots Mill
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Boy the way Glenn Miller played // Songs that made the Hit Parade // Guys like us we had it made // Those were the days.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Calandale just posted a video series on this game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.