Popular Tags: bits [+] [View All]
Ron Dokter
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello everyone!

I was removing some counters lately from the countersheet. And you can guess what happend. One counter is badly damaged!!!!!

Is there a easy way to remove counters from the sheets?

And what other tools are used during games?

Thnks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R S
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hobby knife an patience...

...works for me every time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
An exacto knife is the only way you should be removing any counters.
With some older die-cuts (Avalon Hill, Task Force), there's more space between the counters, so you'll need to go back with nail clippers and remove the tufts from the corners. Don't actually cut off the corners, just the bits that stick out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Shepherd
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Be on your guard. There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ameranth wrote:
With some older die-cuts (Avalon Hill, Task Force), there's more space between the counters, so you'll need to go back with nail clippers and remove the tufts from the corners. Don't actually cut off the corners, just the bits that stick out.

I recently got the 3rd edition of Drakon. The tiles are VERY thick and I've got tufts in the middle of the squares. Do you think nail clippers would work on these? If not, any alternative suggestions?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Vrabel
United Kingdom
Cambridge
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
captkayoss wrote:
Ameranth wrote:

I recently got the 3rd edition of Drakon. The tiles are VERY thick and I've got tufts in the middle of the squares. Do you think nail clippers would work on these? If not, any alternative suggestions?

Thanks.

Nailcutters always worked for me, you can also try using a pair of normal sized sharp sissors, those work as welll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
Also be sure to ALWAYS push from the cut side (usually the front of the token/chit/bit) through the back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eva
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
Once the counters are separated, try a very fine grade (400-600) sandpaper to smooth the sides. It worked nicely on my pieces of Java. And, of course, patience is the key!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cisco Serret
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
OverText
badge
WOOF!
mbmbmbmbmb
Safely removing counters requires a zen-like approach. Bend the "frame" around the counters slowly and slightly at first, gradually increasing the amount of bend, until you feel the counters starting to "free" themselves. Then calmly massage the counters back and forth until their little nibs start to separate.

I never use exacto knives or anything other than just my fingers to remove counters, and I have about a 99.999999% success rate in cleanly separating counters.

The reason people rip counters is almost always because they were too impatient and they forced the issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stadel
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For wargames (or any other games that have lots of counters in a grid pattern), I use a ... good pair of scissors. They cut clean and fast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.