Subject: OCD and these dice masters cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Domenick Verga
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone else just driven batty over the condition some of these cards come brand new out of the pack in?

It drives me insane. There has to be a better way for them to package these things without skyrocketing the cost.

It's so bad, I've considered scanning all the cards I own and having them printed again, so that I can have nice flat copies. Thankfully it isn't the type of game where you have to stack them or shuffle them or anything. That would really drive me up the wall.

Anyway, not sure the point of this post, but to complain among sympathizers . It's odd that the cards are collectable and worth money and yet having them in a warped condition is the norm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon M
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
“Games give you a chance to excel, and if you're playing in good company you don't even mind if you lose because you had the enjoyment of the company during the course of the game.” ― Gary Gygax
mbmbmbmbmb
Set them in stacks of 20 or so on top of a hardback book and then stack several books on top.

Mine were flattened out after 3-4 days underneath the complete works of shakespeare, a sixth edition campbells biology textbook, and a few others.

I do think they could package it better, but the card warping is the least of the issues.

I got a couple cards bent into three shape of a W before (permacreased), but the worst is when the cards are caught in the heat sealer at the bottom.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put them in card pages in a binder, flattens them out nicely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Grant
United States
Buffalo Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
geekmail to jimgrant
badge
geekmail to jimgrant
mbmbmbmbmb
The simple tips (stacking under books etc...) work great. I think the slightly lesser card quality actually allows 99% of the cards to recover to excellent shape. Other CCG card stock would probably be less forgiving and crease or dent instead of warp.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Wood
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
As others have said, flattening them out isn't really much of an issue. UXM and YGO have proved to be much better compared to AVX, so changing the shape of gravity feeds to be like their Heroclix ones was a good move.

I'd be interested in hearing of other ways to package them, but I don't think they could maintain that $1 price point if they changed the format. The thing that messes up most reasonable ideas is the dice. While they could do some kind of cardboard or tear-away with the dice in a separate area, I feel like the production costs would have to be increased to make that happen.

Overall, I'm satisfied with how they do it now - even if my AVX Tsarina got heat-sealed damage on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
varthanna
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JBMoby wrote:
the worst is when the cards are caught in the heat sealer at the bottom.

This, this! Aaaagh my Cerebro Mutant Hunter was FUBAR'd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
varthanna wrote:
JBMoby wrote:

No the worst is when we rehash the same thing over and over and over and over and over again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Domenick Verga
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mabuchi wrote:
varthanna wrote:
JBMoby wrote:

No the worst is when we rehash the same thing over and over and over and over and over again.

I assume you mean my thread, I apologize. I'm new to the game and these issues and am just trying to enjoy it. Again, my apologies.

Thanks for the tips everyone. It is good to hear that they should flatten themselves back out easily. I will definitely attempt that first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I'm going to enjoy watching you die Mr. Anderson.
mbmbmbmbmb
The condition of the AvX product was awful. Many of the cards were damaged in a way that can't be fixed just by flattening. The packs were jammed in the gravity feed tight enough that the corners of the dice would dig into the cards creating pits and scars. All of my rares have this type of damage. The quality of the dice was also pretty bad.

Thankfully, condition of the cards and dice from Uncanny X-men is much better. If they hadn't fixed these issues for UXM I would have dropped this game like a bad habit. No game should have components with these types of problems, much less one as expensive as Dice Masters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.