Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I click to "Download Board Games: Owned", it asks me to wait a few moments while the download is prepared. Eventually I get mail.

The problem is - the mail says to click "here". When I do...it again says to wait patiently while my list is prepared, and sure enough, it generates ANOTHER e-mail with ANOTHER link. If I click the link in the original mail, I'll get multiple additional e-mails.

If I click the "here" link in any of these 2nd generation mails, I get a download properly. This obviously isn't working correctly, though, and can only be putting more tax on your systems.

Using Safari 8.0.3 on Mac.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Issue downloading my games
I had this saame issue using the latest Firefox on Windows 7.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Nealley

Ardmore
Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I'm experiencing the same thing using chrome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
herendil66 wrote:
I'm experiencing the same thing using chrome.

Interesting... I've used chrome to download my collection many times with no issues. I'm going to try it now to see whether something has changed.

[edit] That was fast; downloaded 'all' (which in my case results in a 662k csv file) with no issues. There must be something else going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Van Morrison and Joey DeFrancesco - You're Driving Me Crazy
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the benefit of anyone trying to sort this out, here's what I'm running:

Windows7 Home Premium Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)
Chrome Version 40.0.2214.115 m
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
badge
Aldie's Full of Love!
mb
lonadar wrote:
When I click to "Download Board Games: Owned", it asks me to wait a few moments while the download is prepared. Eventually I get mail.

The problem is - the mail says to click "here". When I do...it again says to wait patiently while my list is prepared, and sure enough, it generates ANOTHER e-mail with ANOTHER link. If I click the link in the original mail, I'll get multiple additional e-mails.

If I click the "here" link in any of these 2nd generation mails, I get a download properly. This obviously isn't working correctly, though, and can only be putting more tax on your systems.

Using Safari 8.0.3 on Mac.

I just downloaded your collection. If you make changes while it's generating, then it will need to regenerate the collection again. Could that have been the case?

Update: it seems the link in the geekmail is at fault. I'll look into it further.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Victor Aldridge
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I wasn't making any adjustments at the time. This appears to have been fixed now - the resulting e-mail had an actual link to download instead of the "here" link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.