Subject: Decker and Advanced Shields rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
rezot tam
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Have there been any rulings on whether or not the shield token from advanced shields counts as an active shield for paying costs, such as Will Decker's destroying an active shield to add a crit to your results? I couldn't find anything on WORF, but we know "destroy" isn't "damage" and the token is specifically removed to cancel damage. Plus the shield token isn't placed with the others, though it is called an "additional" and "extra" shield. Could be one way in which it's different from an evade token.

Also, if it's not an active shield, does that mean it can cancel damage from things that ignore active shields like phased polaron beam? Though I guess an evade token would do that, too lol. This card's gotta be good for something...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Thorpe
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure whether it would or not but I've got a feeling it would be ruled to be the same as the Improved Shields resource which would mean no.

It does still have some use in that you can use it in addition to the evade action if you have the ability to get either free. Though it is quite expensive for that.

I'd probably only use it in a fleet with the Independent (Tech) Fleet Captain and other price reducers. Might work quite well on the USS Equinox.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Stephens
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Decker on Equinox is a hoot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule book uses the words "damage" and "destroy" to describe the same thing:

Page 14:

The hit ship suffers 1 damage for each uncanceled [hit] result... the ship must lose one active shield token

Page 16

The Enterprise-D has one Active Shield left, so the uncanceled [hit] result destroys that shield

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly...the first example describes damage ("lose one"), the second describes the result of "lose one" when you only have one left to lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.