• [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So far, I've just played the basic game, which makes it pretty quick (because you dont get any extra cards). Which we like - a couple of times I've said "do we want to start using the advanced rules?", and people have said "No, we like the simplicity and speed of the basic game".

Still fun tho!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually play the basic game with advanced scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Laverman
United States
Pella
IA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I play with all the card actions and the extra draw rule for changing the canvas. It really adds another layer of strategy to the game. When introducing the game we leave out the card actions the first couple times. Most of the people I've played with are "meh" about the game until we add the card actions. I've only tried the scoring once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmbmbmb
lavs23 wrote:
I play with all the card actions and the extra draw rule for changing the canvas. It really adds another layer of strategy to the game. When introducing the game we leave out the card actions the first couple times. Most of the people I've played with are "meh" about the game until we add the card actions. I've only tried the scoring once.
Is this an official variant? I have the "beta" copy and it doesn't say anything about "the extra draw rule"...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin G
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Don't fall in love with me yet, we only recently met
mbmbmbmbmb
Request for testing on a new rule

It's the official rule in the final version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark M
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume the draw rule without the card actions is what is being referred to as Advanced in the poll. That is how we play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bort
Australia
Brisbane
Qld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
manymoodys wrote:
I assume the draw rule without the card actions is what is being referred to as Advanced in the poll.

Correct - the rules refer to it as Advanced Red 7.

Had my first try at it tonight actually - we'd played a couple of rounds of basic already. I liked it - really added another dimension to the gameplay. I think I'll keep using it - maybe use the base just for the new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.