Hide
5 Posts

Victory in Europe» Forums » Rules

Subject: Grant from Columbia answers some of yesterdays errata questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ralph kramden
msg tools
I spoke with Grant today about several of the errata questions. As before, he stated that these are tentative errata answers. The official errata page was suppose to be posted today, but I have not been able to find it.

WHAT ARE THE DEPOLOYMENT RULES FOR 1939: Basically, look at the forcepool card, and any extra tidbits that are in the rules, and that is it. The blocks that list a specific area must go in that area. Grant did state that they want us to put LAND units only in home start areas. Other units may start within any area owned by the nation in question (for example colonies and owned island). Naval units may start in any port that that nation owns, not just naval bases (now once the game starts, there are very specific rules for how and where you must build new naval units). MINOR POWER UNITS START PER THE RULES: "When a neutral minor power is attacked, deploy its forces within the
minor's territory."...no apparent limits.

CAN A UNIT USE STRATEGIC MOVEMENT, AND THEN USE NORMAL MOVEMENT: NOOOOO!

CAN U-BOATS SPECIFICALLY TARGET CONVOYS: yes, and they are the only ones that may. A sub attack may allot all of of its hits solely to convoys if they declare convoys as their target. Other naval units must attack the more general NAVAL category, and then distribute the losses among all the units, including convoys (highest block, per the rules, takes the casualty). SUBS fire at convoys at B2.

DOES 7.3 INDICATE THAT NAVAL & AIR UNITS CAN SINGLE OUT SUBS: Yes, naval combat breaks the NAVAL category into surface ships and subs. If a player wishes to declare that this or that (or all) of his naval and air attacks are going to be scored against subs he may. 7.3 indicates the firepower of attacks against subs, as does the area at the bottom of the target chart. Unless otherwise indicated in the rules (for example BB and BC fire at B1), units use whatever firepower they would have against naval.

SINCE AREA CONTROL CHANGES IMMEDIATELY, MAY THE SECOND UNIT MOVING INTO AN ENEMY CONTROLLED FOREST KEEP MOVING: yes! The first unit that moves into an enemy controlled forest must stop, per the rules. But given that control changes immediately with the conquest by that first block, any additional movement by your other blocks need not necessarily stop.

Hope these were useful. Has anyone found the errata post that Grant talked about? If not, you might look for it tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wild
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I downloaded version 1.01 of rules today. It contains a few fixes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Draker
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Ralph! I apologize for the delayed response, but I was at Prezcon last last week. We had a great time teaching people the game and had several tense, fun games going at once.

I worked with Grant Dalgliesh of Columbia Games while at Prezcon to consolidate the questions into a Q&A, and I suspect they will be posted on their website and here in another day or so. We want the answers to be as complete and accurate as possible.

Thank you for your patience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Finch
United States
Pearl River
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leader is considered an army unit so must they take first loss if highest strength?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Draker
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That is correct Charles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.