Subject: Connecting own uncompleted links to each other rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aleksi Ahtiainen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple question I couldn't find a clear ruling for or have missed it in the rule book: If a player builds two separate uncomplete links, is he allowed to connect them into each other during his next turn?

/Aleksi

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Go Huskies!...oh, well
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. I'm saying this because you CAN add to uncompleted segments on your turn (implying that every build does not have to start directly from a city--it merely must be ultimately connected to a city via the network), so there's no reason why you couldn't connect two uncompleted segments.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Irving
United States
Salinas
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can definitely connect two incomplete links on a later turn. (Except if incomplete links are not allowed on a particular map--like Germany or Italy.)

A very important way to ensure access to particuar city (a very scarce resource in the game!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
rri1 wrote:
A very important way to ensure access to particuar city (a very scarce resource in the game!)

Merely to clarify:

[i]On maps which allow incompleat links, a very standard way of securing a link route which can't be compleated in the current build is to build from both ends towards the middle. In this way both exits are secured and the connection cannot (easily) be interfered with before it is completed.[/q]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.