Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Oversight AI'ed Curtain Walls are the crown jewel of Blue Sun economy. This combo, made up of solid individual components, was the core reason Blue Sun was rich.

Sure, Dav1d was good against Oversight AI'ed Curtain Walls... but experienced Blue Sun players could easily tuck Curtain Wall away behind some annoying little end-the-run ice, and early game, the runner was unlikely to have the correct breaker plus D4v1d early enough to do anything about that.

But Eater has changed that. Now there's one-stop shopping for a breaker that turns aside all the dinky little Ice Walls and Enigmae you throw in it's way.

Blue Sun just took a hit. How you gonna protect your Curtain Walls? Sub Boost? Ha ha ha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ambidextrous Waffle Iron
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's called Swordsman, and it kills the Eater at the same time it does 1 net damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hawks
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
RobotZ wrote:
It's called Swordsman, and it kills the Eater at the same time it does 1 net damage.
D4v1d isn't an AI, so Swordsman can't trash it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Rampson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the thing: If the Runner wastes an entire D4V1D just to kill an Oversighted Curtain Wall, I'm okay with that. I often stick those on new servers where the run will have no other effect. Sure I "wasted" two clicks and a credit BUT they are out a D4V1D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Clements
Norway
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Turns out Esseb did touch the flag. Don't tell him I said so though.
mbmbmbmbmb
You also lost a curtain wall. That is much worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Twice
Spain
flag msg tools
mb
Kamakaze wrote:
You also lost a curtain wall. That is much worse.
Yeah, this is the main drawback. Otherwise it would be just an annoyance, like getting your PADs trashed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wanderingmystic
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who plays Blue Sun, and of course uses the OAI + Curtain Wall combo, let me say:

Yes, curtain wall is a beast. It's great when you stack one on the end of a 2-3 ice deep scoring server. But if curtain wall is the ONLY reason the runner isn't getting into your servers, I think your deck has bigger problems.
Maybe I've been playing against too many shapers, but it always seems to me like the runner has a trick. They have tutoring + breakers. They have inside jobs to skip that one outside ice. They have a surprise David.

Blue Sun players! Cmon! You're still Weyland. Run supplimental event economy. Run a 1 off Adonis and some exec boot camps. Run SEA + Scorch or some other run punishment. And this is before we even get into all the shenanigans you can pull with bad pub inducing cards, since you can recycle Elizabeth Mills to clear it all.
A favorite play of mine is to bait the runner when I'm fairly certain they're about to drop the surprise Curtain Wall solution. Install in the remote, advance, advance (?). Boom, shattered remains/Cerebral/Junebug. Take your pick. Then drop an archer over the server and score for real.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Murphy
msg tools
I've started playing around with a Blue Sun deck on OCTGN. My feeling is that you can be a lot more creative with Blue Sun than just relying on the Oversight/Curtain Wall technique. Econ assets are a great option for example. Government contracts clicked down to 2-4 credits then Blue Sunned, for example. Puts pressure on the runner to trash assets. I do run 2 Curtain Walls and 2 Oversights, but if the runner wastes a whole turn effectively (3 credits for D4v1d, install, a run) to trash it and accomplish nothing else, its still a victory, especially if you run a bunch of other big ice that they now don't have that D4v1d handy to get by.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wanderingmystic
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
building on this, i have to say if you're also using any of the new advancable space (cosmic?) ice, David destroys them. David plus a little recursion really hurts.
If they lose an entire David to your curtain wall, that's so much effort saved against them defeating all your other 5+ strength ice. And Weyland has a LOT of 5+ strength ice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Blue Sun should probably also play with an Orion. It's pretty obnoxious to David and AI decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls