Tiago Ali de Oliveira Bueno
Brazil
Campinas
São Paulo
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was at the beginning of our monthly game day, and as there were few people in, we decided to play a Princes of Florence before more people start to show up.

I start the game and was able to get a Jester for 800. Other players got Lake, Builder and a Recruiting card. On the first action phase, I made a mistake, and instead of getting the freedom of Travel, along another profession card. I took the profession card and a Bonus card. I was risking losing the freedom I would need to place almost all of my Works.

But second round was OK. I managed to take another Jester and take my freedom with another Profession card, as other players where focusing on buildings.

Third round I was without money to assure a third Jester, and get a Lake I was needing for some works, but I had no money to get another profession card, so in the Action phase I done first a work worth 1600 and take all the money. I bought another profession card.

Forth round I took a Forest, but I was worried, as my brother was doing a nice mix of buildings and has already one Jester. And was way ahead of me in the Prestige points. I took the last profession card, that I had nothing to play on, but with my bonus card, I was able to play it for just the minimum for the round.

By the fifth round, my actions were all occupied by the works I have in my hand already. So I have to focus the money I have only in the auctions. Fifth Round I take another Jester. And completes two works with all Prestige I could get. My brother was able to take recruiting card, this was bad for me, as if he could conclude works, and then I may not be able to get him on the long run.

Sixth round. I took another forest, more two works, this time I saw that unless I could take my brother out of another Recruiting card, he would defeat me.

Seventh round, my brother took another recruiting card by selling a little of prestige, just enough to win the game.

First time my brother was able to defeat me on this game. I am so sad...

But the day was beginning, we had more to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Val
Luxembourg
Luxembourg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
800 for a jester is cheap!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Albritton
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, very cheap. You normally don't need more than 2 jesters for the "Works" strategy, just get them early.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Heng
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
My group likes to bid for the builder early on, and don't like bidding more than 400 for a jester (except me), so I let them have the builder and get a jester for 400 or even less! Jester + profession card combos are usually great as they are guaranteed work points. laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.