Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Die Macher» Forums » Rules

Subject: Newbie question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All,

I just received the game and have read the rules and have a few questions before I play (I am assuming you have a media marker) :

1) When you have a single party victory and free spaces, do you have to take 2 cards? Can you just use one card instead?

2) Assuming you have to use 2 cards if there are empty spaces, what do you do if you only have 1 free space left?

3) And once the spots are all filled, you can only use 1 card, right? That card can just replace any card on the board as long as it is not secured, right? If secured, you have to use a contradictory card, right?

4) There is a statement in the rules that state "In either of the above cases, there can never be two identical or contradictory opinions on the National Board". I assume this has nothing to do with having 2 of the same cards on each other (secured). And if you place a contradictory card on the National Board, you could just replace the existing contradictory card with the new card, right?

Thx
jonpfl
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Szukalow
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jonpfl wrote:
1) When you have a single party victory and free spaces, do you have to take 2 cards? Can you just use one card instead?


Rules as stated in Hans im Gluck version say "They may also" - to me means "you have the option" - which then, to answer your second question would be "yes"

jonpfl wrote:

2) Assuming you have to use 2 cards if there are empty spaces, what do you do if you only have 1 free space left?


Place one of two cards in the empty free space and then place the other card by either replacing an existing card or securing a previously played card.

jonpfl wrote:

3) And once the spots are all filled, you can only use 1 card, right? That card can just replace any card on the board as long as it is not secured, right? If secured, you have to use a contradictory card, right?


Again, if there is a single party victory "you have the option" to place two cards to the national board. Yes, if secured, in order to remove it the card played must be contradictory.

jonpfl wrote:

4) There is a statement in the rules that state "In either of the above cases, there can never be two identical or contradictory opinions on the National Board". I assume this has nothing to do with having 2 of the same cards on each other (secured). And if you place a contradictory card on the National Board, you could just replace the existing contradictory card with the new card, right?


Right.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
casterman wrote:
jonpfl wrote:
jonpfl wrote:

3) And once the spots are all filled, you can only use 1 card, right? That card can just replace any card on the board as long as it is not secured, right? If secured, you have to use a contradictory card, right?


Again, if there is a single party victory "you have the option" to place two cards to the national board. Yes, if secured, in order to remove it the card played must be contradictory.


Right.


So, is it true that you can only use 1 card if all the spots are filled? Or can you still use 2 cards?

Thx
jonpfl
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Hunholz
United States
Plymouth
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In a single party win, you have the choice to place 1 or 2 cards. So you could still place 2 if all spots are filled.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Pessano
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was reading the rules for the 3rd edition and they make no mention of the method I have been reading in regards to replacing cards at the national level by sliding cards to the left. I assume this is the way that most people play and was wondering if I should try this way the first time I play.

It seems like the logical choice to play since it cuts down on the luck of someone moving a card in the last round and getting big points.

Opinions/thoughts?

Thx
jonpfl
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deleted User
msg tools
badge
Avatar
jonpfl wrote:
I was reading the rules for the 3rd edition and they make no mention of the method I have been reading in regards to replacing cards at the national level by sliding cards to the left. I assume this is the way that most people play and was wondering if I should try this way the first time I play.

It seems like the logical choice to play since it cuts down on the luck of someone moving a card in the last round and getting big points.

Opinions/thoughts?

Thx
jonpfl


I'd assume that the removal of the "slide to the left" rule was with the blessing of Herr Schmiel, so there's no issue with using that variant. You can always try the 2e rule on subsequent plays.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.