Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Vandeweyer
Belgium
Haaltert
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We've first played with the space station cards mini-expansion and used the "Air Lock" card, which says to switch 2 installed cards (yours or enemy's). This one card sure does provide new strategies... and messes up some as well

My question is: can a card which is deactivated by the malfunction token be switched with Air Lock? And if this is the case, does the MF token stay on the spot or on the card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the token's effect is that the installated equipment represented by the card malfunctions. I'd say that the malfunction is therefore connected with the equipment (i.e. the card), not the station it is on or the spot it is in. Concluding that the token would move with the card...

But that's obviously just my interpretation...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Phanthomus wrote:
My question is: can a card which is deactivated by the malfunction token be switched with Air Lock? And if this is the case, does the MF token stay on the spot or on the card?

No, you cannot move a malfunctioning card. The Malfunction Token makes the card "invisible"/"invulnerable" and it is considered like out-of-play. You cannot activate such card/trap, you cannot destroy it and its ongoing effect is not valid during a malfunction. Hence you are not allowed to move such card (or swap it with another one) although it still occupies a slot in a sector.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this written down somewhere, dannte, or is there an answer by Ignacy or Lukasz stating this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mariusz Kosecki
Poland
Elbląg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
Is this written down somewhere, dannte, or is there an answer by Ignacy or Lukasz stating this?

Rules, page 11:
"As long as the Malfunction token is on an installed card, this card's effect is not taken into consideration, it cannot be discarded, no Upgrade token can be placed on it, etc. It is completely excluded from the game."
The last sentence shows what I wanted to point out. Airlock is a special card in the manner that it is common. Its effect still has to apply to overall rules. However, this might only be my opinion and this is not the author's intention?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vandeweyer
Belgium
Haaltert
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thanks for the clarification!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.