Subject: So, wich expansion first? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Cennamo
Italy
Crispano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hello guys, i recently got Cyclades and yesterday we got the first game.
I really liked the game, even though not everybody in the group got the mechanism for the earlier rounds, but for me, that was love at fist sight.
I like how the auctions take so many variabilities (god you, position of the god u need, positiong of the gods which can help enemy screwing ur plans ecc ecc ) and i love the mythological theme, so i'm already thinking about getting an expansion soon so.. Which is better? Titans get 6 player board (the more, the better..or not?) hades got divine favors plus manticore and hecate (i love additional\promotional stuff)
So, i will be able to get one of these two soon, where should i start?
Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Shut Up and Sit Down" guys say Titans first, and I think I agree, unless ... you mostly play with two players. In that case, Titans (for 3-6) won't work so well, and Hades is still fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like Hades. I think it rounded out the game nicely. Conversely I have no interest in Titans because I already have Kemet and I think Titans turns Cyclades into more of a straight up battle game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Rogers
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely Hades. I like Titans but I just find the Hades expansion to flow better with the original
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edwin Burns
United States
Mantua
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Titans adds new a board, Teams, 6 player, faster (more aggressive) gameplay.

Hades adds Pretty much more of the same (except for the heroes who are neat)

Get hades if you really like the existing mechanics in Cyclades. Cyclades + Hades makes one really good (longer) game. Get titans if you want a more versatile game, Titans + cylades is like owning two very similar but unique games.

Both expansions are good but personally I like titans much better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Wrobel
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hades is the expansion to get if only interested in tweaking the base game as it adds a lot of fun new components and Hades brings in more action (often unpredictably).

Titans is a new board and changes the game quite a bit. More action potential given the Titans can move anytime you pay them. It adds another layer of complexity as you need to take into account the potential of the Titan moves in addition to the god auction results. It does add more board action which some people think the game is missing. It also means some players may forget the goal of getting metropolises and get caught up in the shiny that is Titans.

Titans also adds a 6 player ability (and teams) which is a good thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.