Subject: Players in Sydney, Australia? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to take up general bandwidth with this.

I'm not at all short on local gaming partners but I am short on those interested in playing Combat Commander. The two who did enjoy playing it with me have both moved away in the past couple of years, leaving me to solo play….which I enjoy but it's not quite the same . I am a Vassal player but Combat Commander's one I far prefer getting to the table.

If there are any other keen Combat Commander players locally who'd be interested in meeting up, please geekmail me. I'm in northwest Sydney but am mobile.

Brent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your pain. So many people to play online with but I really just don't like playing on a cpu screen at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmed Hadzi
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keesvanloomacklin wrote:
I feel your pain. So many people to play online with but I really just don't like playing on a cpu screen at all.

Move to NYC then!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BrentS
Australia
Sydney
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keesvanloomacklin wrote:

I love Vassal. It's a great opportunity for playing when busy lives and distance make getting games on the table impossible. I'd also note that I much prefer the latest incarnation of the CC module to the previous ones….they were amazing implementations that used a whole lot of capacity in Vassal that I never even knew existed but with all that processing it just ran way too slowly on my computer and I also feel that the greater the automation, the further I'm removed from the board game experience and into a computer game.

However, I can't quite put my finger on it but there's something about the setup and on table playing experience of CC that's very enjoyable, more so than other games I play for which I don't feel quite the same disconnect between board and screen. So I'll play it on Vassal, no question, but CC's one I far prefer on the table with a live opponent……no luck so far

Brent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.