Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim McNaughton
United Kingdom
Derby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The errata is making clear that the Taliban can pay the resource to rally in a space, place or flip no pieces and still perform sharia.

This does not stop the Taliban from performing sharia in a rally space where they have flipped or placed a piece or pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maccyn wrote:
This does stop the Taliban from performing sharia in a rally space where they have flipped or placed a piece or pieces.

No, it does not. It is clarification that they do not have to place or flip a piece in a space in order to perform sharia there; but it does not negate the original rule which allows them to both place/flip pieces and do sharia in the same space if they want to do so.

(Note that Bases are pieces, BTW.)

Regards, Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes. That's why rule 3.3.1 says "...may also conduct Sharia". If it had been an either/or option, it would have said "...may instead...".

Edited to add: The reason why flipping/placing Guerrillas isn't required for Sharia is that a Rally in a Base space can place "a number of its Guerrillas up to the sum of its Bases there plus the space’s Population value". There is no minimum number, so it is perfectly legal to place 0 Guerrillas as long as you have a Base there.

Regards, Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McNaughton
United Kingdom
Derby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aka Tankboy wrote:
Umm, I think your agreed with my deciphering of the errata.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I think

I should read my own stuff more carefully. I had missed out a crucial not! Now edited. I meant to say what Oerjan said.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
It isn't an errata. Erratas change the rules; this one doesn't.

This is a clarification (explicitly says so immediately after the rules reference to 3.3.1), and it was added because players kept asking about two features of 3.3.1:
- whether or not you have to place/flip Guerrillas to conduct Sharia (no), and
- if it is legal to place the Base in the same Op as you conduct Sharia (yes).

Regards, Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McNaughton
United Kingdom
Derby
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oerjan wrote:
Maccyn wrote:
This does stop the Taliban from performing sharia in a rally space where they have flipped or placed a piece or pieces.

No, it does not. It is clarification that they do not have to place or flip a piece in a space in order to perform sharia there; but it does not negate the original rule which allows them to both place/flip pieces and do sharia in the same space if they want to do so.

(Note that Bases are pieces, BTW.)

Regards, Oerjan

Which is what I meant to say, sorry for the confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Maccyn wrote:
aka Tankboy wrote:
Umm, I think your agreed with my deciphering of the errata.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
I think

I should read my own stuff more carefully. I had missed out a crucial not! Now edited. I meant to say what Oerjan said.

/Oerjan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oerjan Ariander
Sweden
HUDDINGE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
aka Tankboy wrote:
Oerjan wrote:
It isn't an errata. Erratas change the rules; this one doesn't.

This is a clarification (explicitly says so immediately after the rules reference to 3.3.1), and it was added because players kept asking about two features of 3.3.1:
- whether or not you have to place/flip Guerrillas to conduct Sharia (no), and
- if it is legal to place the Base in the same Op as you conduct Sharia (yes).

Regards, Oerjan

Yea, this "clarification" had the reverse effect on meshake

Then you're appearently not the general population, but an exceptional individual

/Oerjan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.