Crokinole» Forums » General

Subject: Mini home board rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
park Fleming
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
My first mini home board finished. 24 inch overall, 20 1/2 inch playing surface. Redwood burl, birds eye maple and rosewood on MDF. Ditch board is teak veneer with oak ply edging. 1 inch discs from http://smallcu.be/shop/. Plays very fast and easier to take around. Regular size home board to show size difference.

Stringfly +++++

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A. Boggs
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've been wanting to build something this size for my youngest daughter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
park Fleming
United States
Arkansas
flag msg tools
I was surprised how well the smaller discs play. Just a lighter touch needed but action is excellent. The smaller size lets you get a full board out of 1/2" x 2' x 4' MDF that you can get from Home Depot cheap. The only real catch is the 1 inch discs that as far as I know you can only get from smallcue.be. But very well made and work great.

Another miniboard in the works. Padauk veneer.

Stringfly +++++
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
That new board is strikingly beautiful!!

Holy crap!

If I want to make one of these, I'm going to need to ask for help from my father in-law… He handcrafted a beautiful Backgammon table on a whim for us…. I can share pictures if anyone asks.

But, seriously, great work!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.