Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryan Bear
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So last night I sat down to play and was determined to make it through the Passage Through Murkwood scenario. I have only had the base game for a couple of days now and the first to tries were full of errors and failures. However, now I have asked some questions and watched some videos so I was determined to win!

Session 1 of the Night:

Having played the Spirit basic deck previously, I decided to first start with the Lore base deck.

Things started off well and I loved the ability to heal in the Lore deck. It went so well that I actually made it past the Flies and spiders by turn 4! This was amazing and my first time to do so. I easily advanced past A Fork in the Road and found myself on Beorn's Path. With Beravor leading the way, I was sure victory was close at hand!

Disaster soon struck however as the enemies mounted. I used Forest Snare on one spider and left it alone as taken care of while I focused on exploring the quest. This was a mistake however as two more enemies joined the spider then a shadow card removed my snare. The enemies overwhelmed me and I failed on turn 8 as my heroes were spun into spider food.

Sigh, so close, yet I could not stop there, I had to try again and win because this game is fun!

Session 2 of the Night:

This time, I chose the Leadership basic deck, hoping that some new heroes might help and let me see some different game play.

With Aragorn Leading me through Murkwood, we managed to avoid most spiders and all of the orcs. We swiftly explored Files and Spiders and took the fork in the road by turn three! This was largely thanks to the Elven gift of Celebrian's Stone to Aragon and his title of Steward of Gondor.

This time I found myself on Don't Leave the Path and since we had no enemies hounded us, we went looking for Ungoliant's Spawn. She was easy to find but tough to beat. It took two turns, but rallying behind the flag of Gondor, we defeated the beast and finally made our way out of Murkwood by turn five.

I ended the game with just 34 threat and was so happy to finally defeat this scenario. I look forward to playing the next scenario today and maybe even using Aragorn again for this adventure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice session report! Reminds me a lot of my fledling start of the game....Be prepared, the next scenario is tough! But all the more rewarding when you finally make it through. After a couple of tries, I recommend you try building your own, mixed sphere deck. You will see why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.