Thunderbolt Apache Leader» Forums » General

Subject: TAL Ultimate Weapon Calculator for IOS rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Antonio Garcia
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi, I was already a little tired of the damn red loaded dice and having to remember to add and subtract modifiers. Also of taking twice in a row the "Killed" counter from a cup and things like that.

So I made the "TAL Ultimate Weapon Calculator". Is a Numbers sheet with an automatic calculator for weapons and cannons for this beloved game. If you have an iPad or an iPhone and the Apple Numbers app you can download it and try.

I post the link on this forum because I do not know where to put it. The system (and admins) do not let me upload .numbers files. Apparently, they are esoteric.

As a bonus I added a Pop-Ups Generator and a Light & Heavy Damage Generator. This last one is not exactly 1:1 (cause I separate Damage from Aircraft) but adds a lot of extra randomness.

Please, do not ask me for an Excel version because this software do not have "Check Cells" which are those that trigger up the calculator.

Enjoy it! And feel free to modify it to your liking.

http://ge.tt/1Blw2NB2/v/0?c
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry Bosch
Netherlands
Rotterdam
ZH
flag msg tools
badge
In honour of the brave crew of Hr.Ms. Java 27-02-1942 † Battle of the Java Sea
mbmbmbmbmb
camugnas wrote:

I post the link on this forum because I do not know where to put it. The system (and admins) do not let me upload .numbers files. Apparently, they are esoteric.

They still refuse .numbers files? Wow, I remember uploading my Phantom Leader Deluxe player log I made in Numbers. It had some simple tracking functions, was layed out to perfectly fit on an iPad, had fonts and style matching the game manual and it was thrown out without any consideration. I just gave up and never made an Excel version (what would be the point, after reconverting to .numbers the layout would be lost).

In a day and age in which some boardgames need to have a dedicated app in order to be played .numbers files are still banned on BGG? Thats nuts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonio Garcia
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, it's a little weird. And more considering that the Numbers app is infinitely better than the Excel one to make sheets that deal with boardgames that needs a lot of input, triggering events, rolls and so, like this one. This, ignoring the fact that an iPad as a companion for playing boardgames is simply perfect and that a lot of people nowadays have one or an iPhone.
Well I hope BGG will change this attitude one day or another. snore
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.