Josh Wheeler
United States
Ammon
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jordan and I talked my wife Laramie into trying a game of Gloria Mundi. We would come to regret that achievement.
The game moved along in a friendly enough manner, I chose early on to focus on cities. Laramie had a good build of farms and cities, and Jordan seemed to have the majority of the Armies on the board. Buildings began to be purchased, and I was able to obtain 4 city buildings that permitted me to change gold into food, then some of that back into gold, and then spend some of it to continue my journy toward Africa.
In the meantime, amidst the Goth's pillaging and rampages, Laramie quietly made her way forward with the Circus.
Jordan had the Praefectus working for him, building some glory, but then a shrewd insult to the Goth by Laramie left Jordan's army in smoking ruins. Laramie added the Vinetum to her agricultural empire, and three rounds later she was 12 steps further ahead. I was making a good effort at keeping pace, but in the end Laramie's final farm card sent her into Africa and left the rest of us to suffer the depradations of the Visigoth.
The humanity!

Laramie said she enjoyed the game.
Jordan and I continue to be fans of the pillaging ways of the goth, and we thought it was interesting to see yet more possible combinations with the buildings. All that, of course, depends on the whims of the forum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.