Jupklass Jupklass2
Spain
Pamplona
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If a player dosen´t pay to a troll.
Does it means that his path do not continue that way and that he can´t place a new path on that way?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jupklass wrote:
If a player dosen´t pay to a troll.
Does it means that his path do not continue that way and that he can´t place a new path on that way?

A troll blocks the path behind him in ANY way. You can't place path cards behind him(except for ladders) and your path doesn't continue. So the ?-card can't be placed. If the ?-card is a card that has been placed through some other path, your path doesn't continue there(unless it can be reached through some other path).

When one of the two players pays 1 gold, BOTH players have access to the space behind the troll and can move through him.

In short: it's not like a door. You can't go through him without paying him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jupklass Jupklass2
Spain
Pamplona
Navarra
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Péter Muhi
Hungary
Kecskemét
flag msg tools
mbmb
And can you pay the troll and lay a path card behind him on the same turn? I guess so...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mohasz wrote:
And can you pay the troll and lay a path card behind him on the same turn? I guess so...

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alejandro Ruiz
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a related question to this, and since I was about to re-use the image, I thought it would be good to re-use the thread too.

My question is: on this example, could you play a path card on top of or at the right of the troll card, to pass the troll without paying him?. Or more simply: Does the troll block all exits on the card?

The way I interpret the rules, which say "The troll blocks the path behind it. If you want to pass a troll [...]" the troll is only blocking the path at the bottom of the card, where Jupklass placed his "?" card. This also applies on other cards where there three or four paths out of the troll card, while the troll always prominently occupies just one of exits. I'd be grateful for clarification
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scarbrow wrote:
I have a related question to this, and since I was about to re-use the image, I thought it would be good to re-use the thread too.

My question is: on this example, could you play a path card on top of or at the right of the troll card, to pass the troll without paying him?. Or more simply: Does the troll block all exits on the card?

The way I interpret the rules, which say "The troll blocks the path behind it. If you want to pass a troll [...]" the troll is only blocking the path at the bottom of the card, where Jupklass placed his "?" card. This also applies on other cards where there three or four paths out of the troll card, while the troll always prominently occupies just one of exits. I'd be grateful for clarification

No, the troll only blocks the bottom path, not the other 3 on that card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.