Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
hyper clemon
msg tools
mb
I`m looking for some advice on what data packs i should look at picking up
currently i am running with core set humanity`s shadow & double time
current decks are HB with criminal both running mainly from the main deck
i would like to get all identities and there is going to be an event at the lgs with the new big booster order and chaos.
so i would like to try rocking a wayland and anarch decks
thanks in advance ghost

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
here you go: http://www.reddit.com/r/Netrunner/wiki/buyingguide
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gallagher
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do your best to own everything you can get a hold of. I mean it's just so unbelievably cheap!

Sure some data packs only have 1-4 worthy cards, but some of those cards are entirely faction defining/game warping.

If you are a criminal player you will likely want some of the following:

-A second core:

-X2 Desperado (at least) is a real thing. You also get your third copy of Account Siphon. Huge cards for criminal.

-Cyber Exodus:

-Emergency Shutdown is a massive card for criminal as well.

-A Study In Static:

-Doppelgänger is a pretty wild card when played in the right deck.

-Future Proof:

-Mr. Li, while no Action Jackson, is still a house of a card. I value cards that give you meaningful things to do with your actions when runs are not viable very high. I consider him somewhat staple to any good criminal card pool.

-Faerie is also a very strong and noteworthy card.

-Honour and Profit:

I really feel like this set goes without saying. Early Bird, Planned Assault, Legwork and Expressed Delivery all offer some really strong options! 2 credit makers eye in criminal is pretty sweet if you ask me.

Passport and Alias are solid breakers and free up influence that you may have been using elsewhere. This allows for some pretty solid changes in how you might be spending it. I still tend to play anarch cooroder a lot (it's the bees knees imo) but these guys are at the party to have a good time.

Security Testing is also not to be overlooked.

Then there is Silhouette and Ken Tenma from the SAME SET as all this. Both are highly playable with Silhouette likely being the best ID in the box. If you have those two, Gabe and Andromeda I can't see needing much else in the way of IDs for criminal.

Hope this helps you out in some way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The only -- the ONLY -- reason I'd advise against picking up the Genesis Cycle is if you're playing primarily in tourneys. Genesis is Cycle 1, San San Cycle will be Cycle 4, and the LCG environment for tourney play will phase out Genesis Cycle at the beginning of Cycle 5.

There's great stuff there and if you have the money to spare, go for it. Just know it's got an expiration date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Opie wrote:
Just know it's got an expiration date.

Don't we all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Opie wrote:
The only -- the ONLY -- reason I'd advise against picking up the Genesis Cycle is if you're playing primarily in tourneys. Genesis is Cycle 1, San San Cycle will be Cycle 4, and the LCG environment for tourney play will phase out Genesis Cycle at the beginning of Cycle 5.

This not entirely true

Yes, Genesis will rotate out, but not until the 8th cycle (sometime in 2017). The Spin Cycle will rotate out at the same time

There's still about two years left for them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls