Van Fujishige
United States
Honolulu
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, quick question:

My buddies and I were playing for the second time, and I was Vaarsuvius. One of the other characters walked into a room and long story short, 5 monsters came out at once. He didn't hit him on the first try, so all 5 were left.

When it came to my turn, I was in range to fireball them, but only had it boosted so that I could hit 4. If I successfully hit the monster with the highest defense, which 4 do I get to take out? The top, or any ones that I choose?

Thanks in advance for any help and/or advice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
Our understanding after reading the rules and example is that target selection is top down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Quirk
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll add another clarification. With the fireball (or any area attack), you don't have to beat the highest defense in the monster stack, just the highest defense of the monsters that you are hitting with the fireball. For instance, in your case, you don't have to beat the defense of the 5th monster in the stack because they are not targeted by the fireball- you only need to beat the defense of the first 4 monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragnar Iceblood
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I dont understand the fireball at all.

Do you attack each monster in turn? e.g. perform a normal attack vs each of them, that is throwing a dice and see if it beats its defence? So for instance if you can attack 4 monsters, you throw 4 attack dices.

or do you perform ONE attack vs all of them, e.g. throw the attack dice one time and check vs each of the monsters defence to see if they die.

And do the monsters defend back, if they have a range > 0 ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocco D
msg tools
from my understanding from what I read in the rules, it appears that you take the monster with the strongest defense rating and roll against that one, and if you beat it then all the targets die and if you fail, all the targets live...it's all or nothing with a single roll of the die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.